Sign in to follow this  
Jordierose

Pain relief post op

Hi ladies

So i see a lot of woman talking about pain relief post op and saying they had endones - i am highly allergic to them!!!

I will tell my surgeon before the op when i go there but i'm kind of worried that they will forgot and give me them - did anyone else have this same issue?

Are they able to give me different pain killers because i know for sure i will need them!!

If you have an allergy it will be plastered everywhere! I even had to wear a red hat in surgery and every time i was given any medication i had to tell them what i was allergic to! Had fluro stickers all over my charts etc....

Phew!!! This makes me feel so much better! 

Every single time the nurse gave me anything even Panadol they would ask me to say my name date of birth and my allergy status. Even though I said no allergies ay breakfast meds when they returned with the next lot of meds an hour later I would have to say it all again. Don't worry they are very very thorough.