Summer37

Using rowing machine with unders??? (furry brazilians)

I know I have asked the question about excersize after BA.

My surgeon said never to do push ups and newer to use rowing machine.

I went to the gym (crossfit) first time today (6 week post op) and my trainer didn't understand why I couldn't use the rower so I tried and it didn't hurt. I did row 1000m (slowly) and there was no pain at all but I could feel the pec muscle flex a bit each time I pulled but nothing like the feeling you would get trying to do a push up.

I am a bit sore now a few hrs after.

So what have you been told by your surgeon? Do you use the rower and does it bother you?

I've started the rower last week and and it hasn't bothered me. Dr Said it was fine to start at six weeks push-ups (female style) and weights ( light weights) and build yourself up slowly into it. But I've noticed alot of girls have been told different things by the Dr so it's hard to say what is and isn't ok to do. Just so people know I had my implants under the muscle and I'm just over six weeks BA.

I'm like your trainer don't understand why you can't use the rower, I'm now about to double check with my Dr

If you think about it, most of the instructors have implants and quite large ones too !! They teach Zumba GRIT, Pump boxing etc .. they have 6 weeks off then back to work for them ..

and comp girls have implants !! They all work every muscle group so it must be ok .. listen to your body I say and start off slowly..

On 9/23/2014 at 10:24 AM, Nikstar said:

I use the rower all the time and it's never caused me any problems. I can also do pushups now too.

I had problems with the back while I used my rower. I continued using it for a while but the problem was persistent, so I had to give up rowing after consulting with the doctor.