Reneeb

Warning signs Capsular?

The first sensations are a slight sense of pulling or it could be described as tightness. 

Not overall tightness or firmness.

Like a twinge. It is a very slight feeling. 

What I would do if I felt a twinge?

1. Check the look of the breast to see if it looks like the upper pole has increased a little. (this is a sign the capsule is contracting).

2. I would immediately go to my GP and get a prescription for one large dose of Bactrim PLUS a course of Bactrim.

PRESCRIPTION = 800mg BACTRIM TAKE IMMEDIATELY + 7 DAY COURSE TO CONTINUE IMMEDIATELY

3. I would massage thoroughly twice a day and push the implant around as much as you can to the extremes it will go.

4. If you have the dollars, I would find a physiotherapist who will  do some ultrasound on the area. Tell them they need to find out what strength to use for capsular contraction. This information is online so they can find out. Go for at least 4 sessions.

These steps are likely to stop the contraction and the massage and ultrasound can reverse it.

It's worth jumping straight onto it because it might save needing to have more surgery.

I had ultrasound on mine and it stopped it. It did reduce the slight dent I have in it, but did not allow the implant to drop back down. So I now have too much upper pole on that breast. I did not know about taking Bactrim when it all started.

The first sensations are a slight sense of pulling or it could be described as tightness.

Not overall tightness or firmness.

Like a twinge. It is a very slight feeling.

What I would do if I felt a twinge?

1. Check the look of the breast to see if it looks like the upper pole has increased a little. (this is a sign the capsule is contracting).

2. I would immediately go to my GP and get a prescription for one large dose of Bactrim PLUS a course of Bactrim.

PRESCRIPTION = 800mg BACTRIM TAKE IMMEDIATELY + 7 DAY COURSE TO CONTINUE IMMEDIATELY

3. I would massage thoroughly twice a day and push the implant around as much as you can to the extremes it will go.

4. If you have the dollars, I would find a physiotherapist who will do some ultrasound on the area. Tell them they need to find out what strength to use for capsular contraction. This information is online so they can find out. Go for at least 4 sessions.

These steps are likely to stop the contraction and the massage and ultrasound can reverse it.

It's worth jumping straight onto it because it might save needing to have more surgery.

I had ultrasound on mine and it stopped it. It did reduce the slight dent I have in it, but did not allow the implant to drop back down. So I now have too much upper pole on that breast. I did not know about taking Bactrim when it all started.

I would take this advice with a grain of salt and seek opinion of a plastic surgeon.

I wrote out what my plastic surgeon told me to do.  He did my implants 20 years ago and I got a CC last year after dental work.

When I rang him about what to do, this is the advise he gave me.

He was the one who told me that it is now known amongst Plastic Surgeons worldwide that bacteria is the cause of CC's.

He told me that not all surgeons share this information with their patients. 

Felt a bit yukky after reading this response.

I think it is really unsafe to give exact medical advice without the person first consulting with their Plastic Surgeon. Whilst these may have been the directions given to you, I have honestly never heard of that process and most cases of stage 4 and 5 CC need surgical intervention to correct.  Everyone has CC of some sort if you want to be technical, most people have stage 1 as its normal for the body to form a capsule around the foreign device but once it hardens and becomes scar tissue it requires more aggressive treatment.  It's excellent that you have sort relief with non invasive methods but I wouldn't advise others to do so unless also under medical instructions. 

Of course, consult with your plastic surgeon and do not follow my 'exact medical advise' without first consulting your doctor. 

I'll just take my Stage 2 CC,  slink away into a corner with my wonky boob, and get technical making myself a nice cup of coffee.

Maybe a bikky to go with it will lift my spirits.  :) Hope the bikky is non-invasive too. Yummo!

I see your surgeon is Dr Paul Downie, donnatella. He is a doll. I thought he had retired. 

He did my lipo 30years ago in Townsville and Autologous Fat Transfer to my lips about 8 years ago. They turned out fantastic.

He did a perfect job. I love them. Only problem is the pout gets bigger if I gain weight. 

He trained Mark Vucak in Townsville, the guy who told me about Bactrim for CC.

Small world.  :)

Sorry I don't mean to offend advice is always good but some things are best prescribed from a medical officer.

Yes Paul Downie did both my breast surgeries.  He taught most of the doctors on the Gold Coast, he retired and came back a few years back (clearly buying a winery isn't as lucrative as plastic surgery  :lol: ).  He also operated on my CC last year and made no mention of bactrim or ultrasound to treat  :lol:

Stage 2, you're lucky, I daresay it will progress to 3 then 4 then 5 if you don't intervene surgically however if you can keep at stage 2 for as long as possible then good on you!

Point taken, I can see the need to be more careful how things are worded.

I am at the age of needing a lift now anyway, so I can tolerate the CC until I get that done early next year.

Paul Downie always seems so laid back and relaxed. I think he gives very good results due to his expertise and nature.

PS anyone considering autologous (self) fat transfer to lips. Mine took 6 weeks to settle to a level that I could go out in public.

But I would never consider fillers after being given the option of using my own fat. It cost $1,000, 8 years ago and will never be reabsorbed. 

I imagine it would be cost more now.

(My lips do get bigger if I gain weight.) Happy to share photos, if anyone is interested.

Yeah he's lovely, was very popular back in the day as used the transaxillary method almost exclusively as this is what people were after, these days everyone wants the crease method.

I don't think I would ever trust someone to shape my lips with my own fat but that is because I am super fussy.  I love my fillers, I have had one moron do the worst lip filler on me years and years ago and thankfully the product could be dissolved.  No way would I trust someone to shape my lips.  I bet yours look amazing, I am happy with Juvederm these days :D 

I am almost 12 weeks post op and am feeling kind of the odd shooting pain in my boob and the odd sort of itchy feeling on one side and top of breast. Am worried this is start of cc??!

I am almost 12 weeks post op and am feeling kind of the odd shooting pain in my boob and the odd sort of itchy feeling on one side and top of breast. Am worried this is start of cc??!

Whilst I won't say that it isn't or couldn't be CC,  It is common to get the odd shooting pain and itchy feeling not long after a BA due to the nerves starting to work again after the surgery. Of course, if you are really worried that it could be CC, organise to see your PS and have him check it out for you. :)

Sniff dr tavakoli also believes in physio massage and ultrasound to prevent cc. I lost a lot of blood in the drains and mine are quite tight so I started physio today 6 days post op. The physio and dr t said I don't have cc but my breasts felt heaps softer after the massage and she showed my husband how to do it so good excuse for him to feel my new boobs