Sign in to follow this  
Bigbooty

Over paid for surgery?

i was told by my surgeon i would receive a lollipop lift with my surgery but turns out i didn't need one.. just a "donut" / areola reduction.

I paid 6,000 for the lift and 3,900 for the removal and replacement of implant at a discounted rate for combination of procedures.

I was wondering as an areola lift/donut lift is a "mini" lift if i should be reimburst for the surgical change?

I also had to pay higher bed and theatre fees as they based the lift being more complicated and cosmetic as to the bilateral removal, capsulotomy and new implants.

Would it be two separate prices for a replacement of implant and areola reduction then to have a replacement of implant and lollipop lift?

I almost feel ripped off paying almost 20k for it unless all australian surgeons charge the same for all 3 types of lifts? Has anyone been quoted different or know anything about it?

I guess the real question is are you happy with the results?

Hindsight is always 20/20.

I say if your happy with the results then thank the lord everything went as planned and move forward.

not sure it that helps but.. ;)

get a friend to call them up/ you call them pretending to be someone else , and request a quote for the lift you got, say you've seen a couple of different PS and they said this is the kind of lift you needs so now you're just ringing around shopping for prices.

I don't know if it will work, but it's worth a shot.

I'm not sure on the surgeon's fee but if it didn't take as long as you were quoted then you should get a refund from theatre fees and the anaestatists fee just as if it had taken longer you would have to pay the difference. Dr Dona in Sydney is by far my cheapest quote for a lift and replacement of implants $14K all up although with flights, hotel, etc it would end up the same as staying in Perth however I'm lea in towards him as I so love his results. I feel very disappointed that I paid a lot of money got great results with my redo at a reasonable price and now I need another I'm looking at $20 - 21K in Perth. I realise they have done years of training but that's a lot of money especially since I would have been a returning patient. Sorry you're unhappy.

Yeah I think that's worth a go. I was in there for 3 hours. So I got my monies worth in that since.

I feel so depressed.

My left is a cup size smaller then my right, implant is painful and has half the upper pole them the right. It looks so distorted underneath. My nipple sizes are completely different :-( this sucks

I just hope it'll all get fixed and that's it :/

It's still early days! I'm not 100% happy with mine either! At 51/2 weeks they still look weird and nipples are low and at different angles, implants high! But I'm trying to stay optimistic that they will sort themselves out! It's to early to stress!, ( or so I'm telling myself!)

I think I've got a suture coming through on one of my incisions, it's a black area, not broken through the skin yet, I've emailed a photo to my PS and he wants me to come in on Tuesday to check it. So it's not all plain sailing for everyone is it?!

I won't be paying or he can speak to my lawyer.

I asked for a lift, paid for a lift. Didn't revive one.

Asked for my right breast to have tissue removed and he didn't. (To make them even)

Areola are 2 noticeably different sizes and left is disfigured underneath.

I'll update on Tuesday what he says

so as for payment: the same technique was used apparently.. So I get no money back..

He said i can't expevt perfection but I need to wait 3 months and if there is still a problem then he will fix it all if he can. I booked to go see him again at 3 months post op instead of 4 like suggested as I think my swelling will have gone down by then

I'm mixed with disappointment and feeling relieved. I suppose it's the waiting process that I don't like. But it's good to know there might be a chance of changing ! I know with my areolas there won't be. One is massive and the other is perfect lol but that's easy enough to be fixed

Only 9 weeks to go uhhh lol

Waiting is the pits, fingers crossed though that things are looking way better by then. After I had my lift the swelling was pulling things in different directions and they were a train wreck. It took 3 months for them to look even close to even, and 6 months for all the swelling and hardness to dissapear :(

I'm not sure on the surgeon's fee but if it didn't take as long as you were quoted then you should get a refund from theatre fees and the anaestatists fee just as if it had taken longer you would have to pay the difference. Dr Dona in Sydney is by far my cheapest quote for a lift and replacement of implants $14K all up although with flights, hotel, etc it would end up the same as staying in Perth however I'm lea in towards him as I so love his results. I feel very disappointed that I paid a lot of money got great results with my redo at a reasonable price and now I need another I'm looking at $20 - 21K in Perth. I realise they have done years of training but that's a lot of money especially since I would have been a returning patient. Sorry you're unhappy.

For 20k you're better off going to the USA you would get a lift + implants, flights and accom for that price!