Cl3opatra

Anyone else feel really bloated and fat after surgery? :(

Completely normal! 2 days before my surgery, I had visible ab's. Not even one day after surgery and they were gone! Was hard to see but I knew it would happen and was prepared for it. Took a good couple of weeks for it to go away.

Yes, I didn't feel or look bloated until day 3 when the no pooping really started to compound things. It took 5-6 days to get my bowels moving it was awful, I didn't even feel the need to go which was disturbing. I tried laxatives but in the end it was liquorice that helped the most! 
Id read a lot on here prior to surgery about it though so I was expecting it!

Its the antibiotics and meds they pump into you that block you up and cause the bloating. And with no way to get out it gets very uncomfortable very fast. I was taking laxatives and prune juice from day 2. Only when I finished the last of the antibiotics did I start getting any relief. Thankfully now its completely gone :)

It's also a result of fluid draining down in to the stomach area from the breast after surgery. The breass swell with fluid and naturally the fluid has to drain to somewhere so it drains down. The body slowly absorbs it but it can take a good couple of weeks. Bloating from meds and the bowel slowing down also contributes.

I got my BA on Monday 22nd Sept and my torso has been so sore. Last night I noticed my lower left part of my belly like jelly and I knew it was a part of the swelling. I have been having to urinate a bit more so I presume my body is getting rid of the extra fluid if that makes sense. Can't wait until everything is normal again!

Me too! I had TT surgery though.

In the hospital every morning they gave me one sachet of Movicol and a bowl of prunes with breakfast. That got my bowels moving at the same time every day from day two post op. Now I am day ten and the problem has returned so I am now taking Movicol again at breakfast and it works!

Available at pharmacy.