Sign in to follow this  
angieee

Super sensitive nipples..scared to shower

Had my surgery on Tuesday it is now Thursday and I'm still too scared to shower

.I jist touch my nipple through thr post op bra and I don't think I would be able to let water touch them? Has anyone else had this..did you try showrr ..I really want a a shower!!

That first shower is always scary, My first shower after BA, I turned the shower on, stripped off my clothes, held my boobies because I thought they'd fall off or something, got in, spun around in the shower, still holding my boobs and got out, dried up and put my bra back on, took a couple of times before I actually enjoyed showering. Everyday gets easier and you will get more confident,  A shower will make you feel better.

The first 3 showers I had I didn't put my front in, I was numb on front but it just took an adjustment, now I shower with the water on the front but as I have nerve regeneration pain I'm finding the water hitting my breasts is quite painful so its back to showering with my back. In any case, give it a go its not nearly as bad as you think it might be!

Had my surgery on Tuesday it is now Thursday and I'm still too scared to shower

.I jist touch my nipple through thr post op bra and I don't think I would be able to let water touch them? Has anyone else had this..did you try showrr ..I really want a a shower!!

I had this with my first ba. The shower water hitting on my nipples killed. I'd shower for weeks possibly even months with my hands covering my nipples every time I'd turn to face the water.

it does settle with time though so maybe if you put bandaids over your nipples for shower time for just the initial week

goof luck hun

My nipples are really sensertive...even the seat belt rubbing or my post op bra. It's so annoying. I wonder how long it will last for. My advice is shower with your back to it.. I didn't shower until 5 days post op. They told my to wipe myself down.

Yes, the sensitive nipples are quite normal. Either I'm getting used to the feeling or mine are slowly becoming less sensitive. I was on high beam for about a week solid after getting home and every little touch was torture but today wasnt too bad. Showering has definitely got easier and more enjoyable :)