mimi2

Rhinoplasty in Sydney or Thailand?

Hi, I have been considering rhinoplasty now for a few years, I have already had a consultation with Sydney ENT surgeon Dr Shahidi and whilst at first I felt uncomfortable looking at his gallery (a lot of the females who underwent surgery by him were left with upturned piggy noses and I don't feel this style would suit my face shape) after meeting with him for a consultation I was very comfortable and happy with having him as my rhino surgeon. Upon further research, I have discovered that Dr Montien, Rushapol and Somsak of Thailand (I think Somsak is from Yahnee? unsure of the others) are all excellent rhinoplasty surgeons as well. Has anyone gone through a rhinoplasty in Thailand from either of these surgeons? I am now seriously considering rhinoplasty in Thailand, only because I like the idea of being overseas  whilst getting surgery, I feel it'll give me more of an opportunity to relax rather than being stuck in Sydney for two weeks! With this in mind, the thought of going to thailand, a completely new country and meeting with a surgeon who hasn't previously seen my nose or face in the flesh before makes me absolutely petrified, I have read many horror stories about girls who have gone to Thailand and ended up with a botched nose job, only having to wait years to save up and get a revision in Aus! I would appreciate it if anyone could give me any information at all on their past experiences with rhinoplasty, either in Thailand or Sydney? Who was your surgeon? What was your experience like? Did your surgeon address your concerns? Were your desires met? 

Thankyou in advance!! 

Hi mimi2,

Last month I had rhino with Dr Montien in Bangkok. I'm very, very happy with the result. However, my stay in Bangkok felt totally medical, so don't let the thought of an overseas holiday draw you overseas. While I was lucky, complications can happen and being local has advantages.

I did my numbers and took the chance overseas was a better option. Compared to Sydney prices, Thailand (surgery + flights + hotel) is less than half, and if things had gone wrong I would have gladly paid the other half to travel back for revision/treatment.

Having made it through with a fab nose I'm very happy I rolled the dice. But I caution others, consider that things can go wrong, so make sure you can cover the cost of a second visit to Thailand if required.

Ersko

i was in Bangkok International 9, BA absolutely no problems, had an interpretuer with me at all times (in case). Staff professional, hospital very high standard, CEO was nothing but helpfull. Procedure was hassle free.