Sign in to follow this  
missloz

phuket October spendings

Hey all, so I know this may be a little off topic but thought id throw it out there see if anyone with experience can help..

so im heading to phuket next week for BA, all transfers paid for accomodation etc.

so all I need is my spending money, obviously im not planning on doing much as ill be recovering so itll be a couple of drinks per day, one or two meals ..and on one or two days some light shopping if I see anything I like.. ive worked it out I wil probabaly have 7 proper days after I get out of hospital and recover for 1-2 days

so any thoughts on spending money needed? I think the bare minimum as activity is going to be low..

any input would be appreciated or any ladies who have already been ! :)

Hey missloz :)

I got back from phuket about a week ago and between me and my partner we probably spent about $1000 (NZ$) over 11 nights. We definately weren't trying to stick to a budget so you could do it a lot cheaper!!

Good luck for your trip!

Im looking forward to cheap massages and facials :) its my first holiday overseas and first long holiday off from work actually so i want it to be as relaxing as possible :)

im going to limit my spending on buying crap i dont need.. i dont want to get caught up in how cheap things are and come back with 20 bags and shoes lol

I wouldnt recomend buying shoes in phuket thats just me I had experience with more than one pair breaking whilst still in phuket, same with my mum.. I might buy one or two nice bags and a purse but no shoes for me!

I'm only 19 and was on a low budget. I was out and about on day 3 because I felt pretty good but I've lasted on $700 aud (Australian) and that's with (already payed for buffet breakfast before here) a few massages, going out for dinner every couple of days, buying some hotel food and drinks, 1 night out on the down drinking and some light shopping I probably spent $100 of that on items such a clothing and stuff.

You could easily lower it if you needed though I mean I was on a budget and still felt like I was going overboard.

I have been taking 100THB ($3 AUSTRALIAN MONEY) over to 7/11 and buying snacks and I'll come back with chips, chocolate, a can of Pepsi and a banana muffin and they sell miscorwave meals there for 29THB and that's like 80c for a meal so I mean you could really budget it down to like $150.

Street food is cheap too 100THB for the crepes OMG SO YUM and they are huge.

Good lucky girl