Sign in to follow this  
diishere

does GA cause dry skin and dry flakey scalp?

Hi Ladies,

I'm now 9 days post op and noticed several days ago that my skin has become quite dry and I've developed dandruff all of a sudden. I've never experienced either of these problems before so was wondering if it may possibly have something to do with the GA?

Any other ladies experienced this? And if so how long until it settles?

thanks

I know this may not be very scientific, but. . When I had my daughter I had an epidural (it didn't for some reason - and I ended up not benefiting from it at all), and where they inserted it I always get a dry patch, it's awkward to moisturise. I saw a doctor who said it's just a dry patch, like eczema. It's just strange that it's the only place I get it. So maybe it does make people dry.

Also, Coconut oil and lots of water might help with your dryness. Xo

I know this may not be very scientific, but. . When I had my daughter I had an epidural (it didn't for some reason - and I ended up not benefiting from it at all), and where they inserted it I always get a dry patch, it's awkward to moisturise. I saw a doctor who said it's just a dry patch, like eczema. It's just strange that it's the only place I get it. So maybe it does make people dry.

Also, Coconut oil and lots of water might help with your dryness. Xo

I haven't been drinking as much water as I should be.

My skin turned terribly dry, diishere. Not my scalp, but everywhere else, including my face. I am 3 months post op and it is only starting to improve recently. I tried almost everything to improve it - expensive creams, vitamins specially targeting for hair and skin, drinking lots of water, improving my diet, etc.

My skin turned terribly dry, diishere. Not my scalp, but everywhere else, including my face. I am 3 months post op and it is only starting to improve recently. I tried almost everything to improve it - expensive creams, vitamins specially targeting for hair and skin, drinking lots of water, improving my diet, etc.

thank you for your response,

So I'm not alone. I wish I'd mentioned it to my PS at my appointment earlier this week.

Do you think anything you tried help or is it just something that will settle on it's own with time?

Thanks hun