Cl3opatra

Back pain

Anyone else experience back pain after surgery? I've been sleeping on my back and mentally l feel like if I stretch I'll rip open my incisions plus I'm tense on my upper half...any tips on how to get my posture back to normal?

YES! Post op the first few days my chest other than feeling a little tight had no pain, my back however was what was causing me bigger problems. My Surgeon's nurse told me to try put a relatively flat pillow right under my bottom so that the incline was coming from there OR to use a spare blanket/doona and put that under my back, I ended up realising that we have a sleep number bed so I completely softened my side of the mattress and that has helped significantly. Other than now wanting to do a big stretch to release my back I'm finding it is much more comfortable, I also try to correct my posture as much as possible. 
So I guess my advice is to softened whatever is behind your back as much as possible. 

My lower back hurt so much that after 3 days the nurse told me to sleep on my side. I slept sort of twisted- on my back but twisted to by side to release the pressure. Have you tried a pillow under your knees?

I was hunched over for the first 3 weeks and had bad pain from not being able to sleep on my side. I also have Scheurmanns disease in my spine but I improved as I think around 4 week mark when I could sleep on my side. I think the crop bra helps too just takes a while to get used to the tightness