Sign in to follow this  
Alwayshavefaith

Bloating and weight gain post op is depressing me?

So I'm in thailand for breast augmentation, I had 2 surgerys within 3 days and I know I have been eating abit worse than normal but I feel so fat and look so bloated and I weighed myself and gained 4kg. I'm so pressed, and I know people are saying it's water weight but I'm worried that it could be fat gain. :(

Anyone have this? If so when does it go away. I have gone to the toilet a few times

So I'm not that constipated.

HELP!!

Yes I had my BA done in Brisbane with Dr. Harwood. My torso/belly area is swollen when it is usually flat. I am just trying to listen to my body. I wasn't hungry the first few days but yesterday I really needed to eat and I craved sugar so I had a bit of chocolate. But today I am not very hungry again. I am trying to have some fruit. I also bought coconut water and mixing it half and half with guava juice which is nice. The body is in healing mode so try to be patient. I know it is hard but you will get through this time. Your body has been through a lot. Try to go back to basics for food to  help it heal...........meaning try to avoid processed foods if possible. You will feel better soon.

It's okay, don't fret!! I put on about 4kg too and now I'm 1kg less than I was pre op! (I'm 5 1/2 weeks post op) and that's without exercise! There is a lot of inflammation and fluid build up after major surgery that contributes to weight gain, it's normal and won't last. In fact your metabolism will speed up to help your body heal, so make sure your eat well, lots of protein and fresh fruit and veggies!

I was the same, right after my BA I was up 3.5kg but at 4 weeks I was 1kg less than pre-op even with the implant weight added. I think its a lot of water retention plus the lack of mobility and tendency to comfort eat that causes it. Getting back to a normal routine and starting some light exercise should help shed the excess weight.