Lolos

Incisions - Scar Treatment and Fake Tan

Hey Ladies

I am now 3 weeks post op and my incisions are healed and I have no scabs left on them.

I am wondering when I should start using the bio oil I bought. My Dr said it was up to me to decide how to treat them and they would not recommend what I should do. I think I should probably start now - When did everyone else start?

I am also pretty keen to put some fake tan on because I have been pasty white for 3-4 weeks now and feel the urge to do something about it! Do you think it would do any harm to my incisions at this point?

I have attached pics of how they are looking.

Thanks

post-9703-0-24596400-1411782799_thumb.jppost-9703-0-64479400-1411782810_thumb.jp

Wow they look great! I've been putting vitamin e and bio oil on since they were uncovered, PS said this was fine. I'm not sure about fake tan, i'de prob steer clear of putting on your scars for a while just in case....

Thanks - I'm surprised at how well they are healing!

Maaaaaan...that sucks. I guess I'll have to keep being a pasty white princess a little longer... I guess I could always cover them when I put tan on (with band aids maybe) and just not tan that bit...

Hey Ladies

I am now 3 weeks post op and my incisions are healed and I have no scabs left on them.

I am wondering when I should start using the bio oil I bought. My Dr said it was up to me to decide how to treat them and they would not recommend what I should do. I think I should probably start now - When did everyone else start?

I am also pretty keen to put some fake tan on because I have been pasty white for 3-4 weeks now and feel the urge to do something about it! Do you think it would do any harm to my incisions at this point?

I have attached pics of how they are looking.

Thanks

2014-09-27 11.04.28.jpg 2014-09-27 11.04.50.jpg

Go nuts with the spray tan. I did after 2 weeks! If Ur incisions are closed then there's nothing to worry about!!

I also used bio oil after about 4 weeks and still do

Wow, you've done really well hun.

My PS provided me with a bottle of the bio oil and a vitamin e soap. Her recommendation is to start with the oil at 6wks post op.

As for the fake tan; you can go for it, but just cover your incisions with tape or something as to not cause any possible problems if it gets on your incisions. Even though they look great and are closed up etc I' d still say that you should be careful what you put on them until your 6wks post op remember they are very deep incisions that go way down to your muscle so you wouldn't really want to irritate them hun.

I know how yuk it feels to be so pasty I wanna fake tan too but I'm gonna hold off a while coz my inxisions are WAY to sensitive atm and nowhere near as healed up as yours.

Good luck hun.

My PS advises to take our tape off at 3 weeks post op and start lathering the vitamin E cream on from then, so if I was you I'd start lathering those scars now! 
I'd avoid fake tan too, its a chemical yours wounds don't need still lots of healing going on!

Hmmm that's one I hadn't thought of! I'm going home for a wedding in a couple of weeks and will hold off until then. I'll definitely cover them, just not sure yet what with. I started using Bio Oil this week too.

I do not have a history of healing well after a cut or burn. Dermalmd scar serum is so amazing! Worked actual miracles on my breast augmentation scars. After less than a month they were basically invisible. 4 weeks after starting use I saw my surgeon and he could not believe the results.