Sign in to follow this  
Boobsneeded

Flying with kids. Any tips.....

How old are your kids? I usually take stickers for little ones, finger foods like sultanas that take them a while to pick out and eat. You can get miniature board games for travelling to, I just saw a book at Masters last week that had 50 activities to do with children on a plane! 

It depends on their interests really. If they're into cartoons maybe put afew on the ipad otherwise a portble dvd player and a usb loaded with movies/cartoons & chuck a few they haven't seen yet incase they get bored with the old ones.

Their fav toy(s) & snacks & books I even say a lady once bring playdough for her kids.

My GP suggested many years ago when travelling abroad with my kids to give them a dose of antihistamines to knock them out most of the flight coz of how hyper they are all the time non stop lol.

try and take afew new things you know they"d like coz new stuff takes a lot longer to get bored with.

hope this helps and good luck with your kids. It's not easy travelling with little ones.

I often fly to Italy with the three children to visit my family... I usually buy a few small toys.. Like stickers colouring books small puzzles and whatever they like.. Sometimes a new ds game.. Anyway I wrap them up like present and out them in a lucky dip bag. I tell them I have presents and to be go so they can get one.. And every once in a while I let them have one and that will keep them entertained for a while.. Then the anticipation for the next one keeps them good and so on!

Works well for us x good luck

The stickers that are kind of chunky on the clear backing, you can get from red dot type stores. They are great for 1 year olds, they can stick them on you/backs of chairs and be thrown out with ease. A miniature white board with a few white board markers can be more useful than lots of paper and colouring things. 

I was going to say stickers as well :) another thing which might be good is the magic colouring in books. No mess with them. You can also do things like make the family at home some cards. Let them take photos out of the window, maybe give them a map of the flight path to look at (some airlines have these in the head rest thing anyway) my 4 year old was looking at one yesterday and loved telling me where I should be going next. take pictures or videos of things you will see in Disney land to talk about.

Leave the thing you think will keep them the most occupied until you feel you've had enough entertaining

Also....If you were going to dose them up make sure you have a trial run because it can actually have the opposite effect on them and make them hypo (used to happen to my sister!)