Alwayshavefaith

Feeling so untoned and fat 1 week post op?!

Today I had a look in the mirror and felt so sad, my stomach is so much fatter and my arms are posing muscle tone and starting to jiggle, I can grab the fat under my arms now and I feel so unattractive and not sexy and just unfit. :( is there anything I can do? Why am I losing so much muscle tone after 1 week?

Hiya, I haven't had mine done yet but being a bit of a gym junkie myself I have read up a lot on this. First I do not think you have lost the muscle tone at all but that you are bloated and retaining more fluid - everywhere (hence the arms). I actually think it's pretty much impossible to lose your muscle tone that quickly, unless you've taken to starving yourself and your body is eating the muscle (but even that takes time). From what I've heard expect to feel that way for a couple of weeks as your body adjusts to getting out the drugs, the healing process and of course the fact that you can't do a whole lot making you feel especially lazy and frumpy. I say don't panic, drink lots of water to keep your body flushing everything out, take Metamucil if your digestive system is not quite back in action, eat healthy and try to get as much sleep as possible to aid your recovery.

You should be fine soon :)

I'm now two weeks post op and my body is back to normal! I was so depressed for the first week because I thought I had put on so much weight, but it's just because of the meds/anasthetic. Trust me it goes back to normal :) Metamucil works wonders!