Sign in to follow this  
Usplusthree

2+ weeks post op - how did you feel??

I would have to say the week after my BA I felt the best, I didn't take anything other than panadeine and I stopped that by day 3 as well, my biggest battle that first week was nausea, back pain and general lethargy and grossness from the GA. 
Week 2 was fairly uneventful until I started getting fluid build up again and I now have more swelling than before, my surgeon is comfortable leaving it for now but a manual draining is not out of the question later on. My biggest issue now, and what I'm wondering if other people have experienced as well is the nerve regeneration. I have been mostly numb since my BA until the last 5-6 days in which the nerve regeneration has amped up, I feel like my entire breast region is burning and it is extremely uncomfortable/borderline painful. There is no red spots and looking at them there doesn't appear to be anything off, its just the sensation. 

What was nerve regeneration like for you? For those that experienced the all over burning sensation did this go on for a long period of time? 

I am also two weeks post op today! I still have the swelling as well, which gets worse of a night time.

In terms of the burning, I had it and especially under the nipple line, I could even feel the heat coming from it ( well at least I thought I could!!) that was from about day 3, still present but only mildly today.

The swelling really isn't a pleasant feeling is it?

Are you still sleeping upright?

I'm day 2, burning feeling is not nice my breasts are still numb and can't feel my nipples at all!!

The swelling and bruising is so painful. Can't take any of the panadeine forte they gave me, I spent all day throwing up because of it!! As you can imagine the chest contractions from spewing is PAINFUL

Renee hopefully as that GA gets out of your system the vomiting goes but Id ask for an anti nausea medication, I was so scared of vomiting they gave me ondanestron and it made a big difference, they also gave me maxalon whilst in hospital. 

I'm happy to be moving through the different symptoms but my goodness some of them take you on a bit of a patience journey

Hey usplusthree, I've got it sorted now, I take a nurofen and endone every 4 and half hours and Panadol I alternate. So far so good. I feel a lot of burning around my underarm, but still can't feel any of my breasts or nipples :(

I did at the stage you were, morning boob was something I read about a lot pre surgery and couldn't believe how accurate the descriptions were. My husband used to bring my coffee and pain relief in to me first thing so I was then set to go! It'll settle!

I have woken up this morning and my right boob is very painful actually I was in terrible pain all over as I didn't take meds in time won't make that mistake again but right now rightie is stinging and needley pain and feeling very weird and sore I also feel sometimes I can feel liquid move in there?? I was not told what to expect as healing except for words on paper " burning tingling stabbing" but feeling it is different from reading it! So glad for this forum but medical advice wouldn't go astray .. Lol .. Going to call at 9am. Plus I've run out of my panadine forte! Argh!