PinkFriday

Question about lift in consult room

Has anyone had a follow up minor lift procedure in a consult room after their surgery? If so what's it like? I've been told the recovery won't be as bad as the initial lift and implants I had. I was told to not work for 4 days. I have Mariah Careys concert on the 7th of November and the procedure on October 30th. Hope I'm all good to go to that, it's seated.

Following this as I might be looking at the same thing.

You can choose to go under but youll have to pay either hospital or anetheasist fees

He's not charging me for this. He's doing it in his actual office not in the hospital but he said if I wanted to move the implants over the muscle Id need to pay for hospital. 

Hi Hun hope it all goes well have read all about your journey, I hope you get results closer to what you where wanting to achieve in the first place. are you still debating whether to go over the muscle as you originally wanted or just settling for the lift? either way I wish you all the best xx

So strange when I asked him about the solution to mine, he said of course he can't do it in his rooms because I'd need GA, so for that I need to go to theatre because I'd need the anaesthetist there, so that would be all those fees for me again and the hospital of course. Yours must be a more minor solution, as you will be awake for this procedure, right? Or you'd be having an anaesthetist and paying for their fee?

I don't get how even though they kind of "mess up" that they waive their fee but then expect hospital fees etc. I get it's all paid separately but you'd think they'd cover that also!

Might be worth changing to overs if they're would be a big difference and more skin tissue was removed?

That way you only pay for those fees and he can re lift and tighten it at the same time. Worth it long term?

Just unfortunate it wasn't discussed with you in the first place.

I've seen your pics DE licious. They are starting to look better but i can see why you'd need to go under.

Is it something that your considering? Or are you having to wait anyway for final results? X

I was booked in to go under in December, but also a series of unfortunate events recently meant that my husband had a word with me about not paying more at this point in a hurry, or having me unable to look after the kids again as it was a long recovery last time. So I decided I'd rather just see how they are going by that stage, and then book in for the new year when our personal situation is less messy. I am not so sure I can leave it alone long term, but I know the right thing for me is to not rush into anything at the moment and just focus on what makes me happy about them. I am glad for Pink that the solution seems not as drastic as going back to theatre though! That must be good news for you!

Bigbooty what is your main concern with yours? I thought they were looking amazing! Are they not healing the way you'd like them to, a bit less perky than you'd imagined?

I have no idea what to expect. It should have been discussed before surgery. I know people bang on about working with what you've got and that's all good but when you have been told no worries at all we can achieve it I mean cmon you are expected to live up to your word. I'll do what he suggests but I don't see how it's going to make a massive difference. I almost got the impression that the receptionist was surprised I was going in again a second time. I have an issue with receptionists at surgery offices they always seem so fake. That's another tangent though I don't want to be negative. Need to stop the negativity and focus. I just have issues with the experience and that makes me frustrated.

I want to express this but not offend him.

I don't get how even though they kind of "mess up" that they waive their fee but then expect hospital fees etc. I get it's all paid separately but you'd think they'd cover that also!

Might be worth changing to overs if they're would be a big difference and more skin tissue was removed?

That way you only pay for those fees and he can re lift and tighten it at the same time. Worth it long term?

Just unfortunate it wasn't discussed with you in the first place.

I've seen your pics DE licious. They are starting to look better but i can see why you'd need to go under.

Is it something that your considering? Or are you having to wait anyway for final results? X

He didn't seem keen on it and I don't want the responsibility of it going wrong then it's on me and I have to fork out. Not only that I shouldn't be liable for the hospital fee it's highway robbery the cost. I said I want overs he didn't do it. Should have been told.

So strange when I asked him about the solution to mine, he said of course he can't do it in his rooms because I'd need GA, so for that I need to go to theatre because I'd need the anaesthetist there, so that would be all those fees for me again and the hospital of course. Yours must be a more minor solution, as you will be awake for this procedure, right? Or you'd be having an anaesthetist and paying for their fee?

I ain't paying squat. He said anaesthetic or whatever it is. He said free of charge so there better not be any suprises. I'll be awake during it. If the pain is just for me to end up with the same results I had out of surgery I'll be pissed.

When you do a lift with implants someone here said the revision rate is 25%. Anyway I had to go back in after my redo. My left refused to drop and my right didn't lift up enough my nipples were completely uneven. I had it done in hospital again but as day surgery this time. My ps charged me $770 I think it was and I received all of that back on Medicare. I don't remember if there were hospital or anaesthesia fees as it was so long ago. Ok that's my story - recovery was very easy. No actual pain. I think there may have been slight discomfort. My right areola was also reduced as they were uneven and I had some breast tissue removed from that side as my asymmetry really bothered me however different sized implants wouldn't work). I followed all my post op instructions even though I felt fine. Good luck with your revision.

DE LICIOUS totally understand where your coming from. If mine getting fixed was going to cost anything then I know I wouldn't be doing it.

No they are more than perky but I paid and asked for a lolipop lift to even my right breast to my left as I have more breast tissue as he was giving me the same size implant. Now I habe 2 different size breasts.

He gave me a donut lift but my right areola is a 20c piece and left a 10c piece.

Then my left looks like it has scar tissue still formed underneath that obviously needed to be taken away so it looks deformed underneath and I can't even wear a bikini in it guhh.

As long as he is willing to fix it I'm happy.

Just don't want to pay out of pocket or have to wait months

I'll let you all know how it goes. I just feel like a constant whinger in this forum but at the same time I need to express it. I find it's usually the people who have gotten their desired results are the ones to not be as understanding.

this forum is for everything surgery related good bad undesired and desired results, if I was you I'd be expressing myself to, theirs so many people going through a similar thing on here that understand byt I can see where your coming from I've read some comments on your previous posts and they do seem to be from people who have got the results they wanted . I haven't had my BA yet but I'd sure be disappointed if my surgeon did something else other than what was discussed and told was achievable and at the end of the day it's your body you need to be happy with it. x

I agree with raachell94. I am all about managing expectations. If you discussed the particular approach then you expected him to deliver that.

What anyone else thinks is attractive or ideal is actually irrelevant.

You told him what you expected. He said he could and HE WOULD deliver that.

So to discover that did not happen is really major. Unless he has a very good explanation for it, I feel he needs to rectify it. At any cost. He needs to cover the costs.

PinkFriday - you're absolutely welcome to express your dissapointment, where else can we do it? If you're feeling a little abandoned here, just remember the forum dynamics... You have your pre-op girls, seeking info. Then there are the girls leading up to surgery who are excited and nervous. And the post op girls. Not many stick around here much beyond 6 months PO. Not many of the girls any earlier than that really want to consider complications because they don't want it to happen to them. Or they read our posts and can't offer much because they've never been in your shoes. It isn't malicious or ignoring your concerns, it's just where these girls are in their journey.

PinkFriday - you're absolutely welcome to express your dissapointment, where else can we do it? If you're feeling a little abandoned here, just remember the for dynamics... You have your pre-op girls, seeking info. Then there are the girls leading up to surgery who are excited and nervous. And the post op girls. Not many stick around here much beyond 6 months PO. Not many of the girls any earlier than that really want to consider complications because they don't want it to happen to them. Or they read our posts and can't offer much because they've never been in your shoes. It isn't malicious or ignoring your concerns, it's just where these girls are in their journey.

There's a few on here who think they own the place but the rest are alright

A surgeon offering to do surgery in his rooms without the support and services on hand at a hospital like an emergency department and an anaesthetist would raise a lot of red flags for me. Some people bag out surgery in Thailand but at least revision under their guarantee covers all this and not surgery in a consult chair in rooms.

Pinkfriday, can understand why you are upset when surgeon gave you advice that seems somewhat unrealistic. Fingers crossed you achieve what you are after with the revision offered and that he isn't continuing to string you along like a dodgy car salesperson.

A surgeon offering to do surgery in his rooms without the support and services on hand at a hospital like an emergency department and an anaesthetist would raise a lot of red flags for me. Some people bag out surgery in Thailand but at least revision under their guarantee covers all this and not surgery in a consult chair in rooms.

Pinkfriday, can understand why you are upset when surgeon gave you advice that seems somewhat unrealistic. Fingers crossed you achieve what you are after with the revision offered and that he isn't continuing to string you along like a dodgy car salesperson.

I'm not leaving giving up on this. He's gonna have to work on them and fix it.