Sign in to follow this  
jazziegirl

flights advice

Hi ladies. We are going over in feb.

Just wondering who you flew with how you found them? And when did u book vs when ur surgery was?

I know prices will go up the longer i leave it but also don't want a sale to come along :(

Guessing around the 1000 mark is the usual if we dont want a six hour stop over

I booked with Air Asia. Sign up for their emails cos they have regular promotions! Where are you flying from? I'll already be in SE asia so I on,y had to book my flight home, but I got a flight from Bangkok to GC first week of Mach for like $300 I think it was with only a short stop over in KL. Depending what specials they have you can get return flights for anywhere from $500-1000. I wouldn't pay more than $1000. It is a budget airline so you do have to pay extra for food and entertainment etc, but I just load my iPad with movies and stuff. You can also book up to 40kg luggage in case you like shopping ;)

I arrive in Bangkok the day before my surgery.

We usually fly with Thai, they are great! This time we are flying with Malaysian  :huh:  We booked them ages ago and we are still going with them despite the recent issues. They are a great airline in general, they have just had a rough time!

I booked with Air Asia. Sign up for their emails cos they have regular promotions! Where are you flying from? I'll already be in SE asia so I on,y had to book my flight home, but I got a flight from Bangkok to GC first week of Mach for like $300 I think it was with only a short stop over in KL. Depending what specials they have you can get return flights for anywhere from $500-1000. I wouldn't pay more than $1000. It is a budget airline so you do have to pay extra for food and entertainment etc, but I just load my iPad with movies and stuff. You can also book up to 40kg luggage in case you like shopping ;)

I arrive in Bangkok the day before my surgery.

Thanks for this I have never heard of them before their prices are way cheaper than other airlines!  :D

I got my flights to phuket for $500 return so cheap I booked after I got my surgery confirmation , then informed cosmeditour of my flights so they could organise pick ups etc..

Although I would prefer to fly direct as on my return I have a 8hour overnight transit in KL airport.... Fun :/

I got my flights to phuket for $500 return so cheap I booked after I got my surgery confirmation , then informed cosmeditour of my flights so they could organise pick ups etc..

Although I would prefer to fly direct as on my return I have a 8hour overnight transit in KL airport.... Fun :/

Wow so cheap.

I flew with Qantas for my surgery and they were fantastic!  I just kept checking the flights until they were on sale and then booked them.  I would recommend a night time flight back to Aus so you can take a sleeping pill and just sleep through in case you are uncomfortable!  That was my plan until there was a drunk man yelling on my flight back who took sleeping tablets with whisky and caused our flight to be diverted!! (Total bridesmaids moment but not as funny!)

I noticed a few people recommending Air Asia, I have flown with them for another trip and they are a reasonable airline although you have to ensure you buy all your meals online first.  Just keep in mind the stop over times if the flight stops in KL.  We had a 6 hour and 8 hour stop over in the low cost carrier terminal in KL on our way to Macau and I hated it!  It was like a shed with some shops in it and 8 hours was a looong time! (last time my fiancé was allowed to book flights!).

All the best!  I am 3 weeks post op and returned just over a week ago and would go again 100 times!!

I flew with Qantas for my surgery and they were fantastic!  I just kept checking the flights until they were on sale and then booked them.  I would recommend a night time flight back to Aus so you can take a sleeping pill and just sleep through in case you are uncomfortable!  That was my plan until there was a drunk man yelling on my flight back who took sleeping tablets with whisky and caused our flight to be diverted!! (Total bridesmaids moment but not as funny!)

I noticed a few people recommending Air Asia, I have flown with them for another trip and they are a reasonable airline although you have to ensure you buy all your meals online first.  Just keep in mind the stop over times if the flight stops in KL.  We had a 6 hour and 8 hour stop over in the low cost carrier terminal in KL on our way to Macau and I hated it!  It was like a shed with some shops in it and 8 hours was a looong time! (last time my fiancé was allowed to book flights!).

All the best!  I am 3 weeks post op and returned just over a week ago and would go again 100 times!!

I know what you mean about the terminal. It was horrible, but They have actually moved to a new terminal now which is apparently really good!