Sign in to follow this  
Hidethemummytummy

Im back............again *sigh*

I made the appointment for a consult - freaked out and didn't go!

What happens if I do all this, pay all this money and end up without the results I expect :(

I'm scared I'll use the wrong surgeon - I've tried to educate myself with surgeons and reasonable costs.

Does anyone know about Dr Steve Merten's costs and/or Dr Travikoli's costs?

Thanks for your support - I feel so alone, I hate my body and I hate myself some days.

Hi there!

I had my TT almost two weeks ago with Dr Merten. Truly he is fabulous. I really think he is both a great surgeon and a lovely guy. A no nonsense approach. You will find him quite different to Dr Tavakoli. Both are very good surgeons, just different personalities.

Tavakoli is a lot 'flashier' if you know what I mean?

You won't go wrong with either of them. They are both very experienced surgeons very good clinicians.

As for costs with Dr Merten I can share mine with you.

Abdominoplasty (including muscle repair) with small amount lipo to flanks $8000

Medicare will rebate me $985.70

Assistant surgeon $600

Medicare will rebate me 197.15

Anaesthetist for me was 2500 because I had to be turned twice due to liposuction to thighs so your fee would be lower. It is partly rebateable but I don't know how much.

I didn't include the lipo to thigh cost here

Hope that helps you.

My advice is to have a few consults. I went with the one I felt most comfortable with. I guess at the end of the day if you do your research and find out what to expect from them, then you will have realistic results.

I had a few consults, but ended up going with the one I first saw because I liked him best. Simple as that! He could answer all my questions and showed me what he was going to do - but he was also didnt beat around the bush and was very realistic.

I too freaked out, I actually had surgery booked for April but I cancelled it and have only just had it done (sept 10) so I totally get where you are coming from. BUT...when I was talking to a friend about how I cancelled she asked what I was afraid of. And the answer was NOTHING (other than what people might think, but really, I am the type that can get over that). So it was a long process for me, but now I have had it done, I wish I had it done back in April haha.

No idea about costs though, I am in Adelaide. If you want to see my before/after pics you can send me a friend request

Thanks so much ladies. I will friend request you both as I would love to see your pictures. I think I will go with Dr Merten. I am a Mum of 4, aged 35, all cesareans and I'm quite down to earth - not really the "fancy" type so I guess Steve Merten would probably suit me better.

I don't know why I didn't go to the consult - I just freaked out :( I'm going to rebook it. I think this time I will organise a whole day off work and go to the appointment - last time I just intended to go with my 2 year old. I'm starting to think that is silly, I need to be relaxed beforehand I think.

This is a massive thing for me..........

Thanks so much ladies for your understanding, I am sure you know how I feel :)

I think it is great to see more than one plastic surgeon UNLESS the first one you see ticks all the boxes for you! Try again. Book a nice morning appointment with him and get yourself a nice cuppa before you go. Don't take the little one, let it be your time so you can concentrate on your wants and needs for a change!! I love medical appointment without my kids. How lame is that? Looking forward to a dr appt for some me time. Lol

Tavakoli is a fabulous surgeon too. He just isn't my type if you know what I mean? There are a few Sydney surgeons I'd definitely steer anyone away from and Tavakoli is not one of them. So don't worry you definitely chose two awesome options for TT surgery.

Thank you! Oh and it's not lame I say it all the time - id love to sit at a servo just reading a magazine if it's without my kids! Lol.

Yep I'm definitely going to take a sick day when all the kids are at school/preschool and go to see him.

And yes I think I will see them both - it's a big decision and I should keep my options open.

I know what you're talking about, being unsure. It's a long process, it takes along time to get your head around it. I knew I'd needed a tummy tuck when my fist child was born 13 years ago. By the time I had my third baby I started to seriously look into it. I was booked in and had to cancel as I was pregnant with my 4 bub! My 4th bub is now 5 and a half and now feel ready to have my surgery (in 2 weeks!)

You'll know when you are ready, and you'll enjoy the process, even be excited about it!!

Good luck with your journey xxx