rockmelonmamma

surgery morning

Well - no more waiting, booby day is here!!

I was quite restless last night, but managed to get a bit of sleep in. I have to be at the hospital at 6, so I set my alarm for 5.15, but woke up at 4.40 anyway.

I've had a shower, dressed in comfy clothes - and I decided not to wear a bra today since I'll be dressed in the surgical one for when I come home anyway - and probably also just because I know I will have to wear one day and night for 6 weeks after - freeing the boobies before they are changed forever!

So, I guess it's goodbye uneven, saggy ones and hello shiny new ones!

Hello lovely supportive girls! Well I was nowhere near as anxious as I thought I'd be going in - I felt immediately calm talking to Dr Chin and Keren (his nurse).

When I was in recovery, apparently I kept rolling myself onto my tummy :-/ and I had a little trouble coming off the sedation, I was beginning to get frustrated with myself not being able to wake up properly.

I did eventually start to come good - and went to the toilet and had some pain - maybe a 6-7 out of 10, I also tried eating but it made me a bit feel a bit icky in the tummy - so the nurses gave me a low dose endone, and some antinausea stuff through my drip.

I also have drains, which I have an apt. To have them taken out on thursday - thank goodness, because they are awkward and look pretty gross. The nurse has instructed me to sleep on the recliner until thursday so they don-t accidently get laid on (by my husband) - I don't mind, I'll watch tv. Hah

I'm still at the hospital, and my husband is coming at 4 to pick me up.

Thankyou so, so much for all of the wonderful support and kind words. It would have been much more daunting without you all. Xoxox

glad all went well :)

Hope you get a good nights rest tonight xoxo

Thanks Lindy Loo. Xoxx.

I have some endone, the nurse said to take for pain before bed - it helps to make you sleepy too, apparently.

I'm home on the recliner now - a little bit of pain toward the centre of my chest, but mostly feeling much better. Xoxoxo