Sign in to follow this  
diishere

weird needle marks under incisions getting worse

Hi there

for the past week after I had my tape removed I noticed needle like marks under my incisions under both breasts.

1 of them in paricular under my left breast was quite sore so I covered it with a bandaid for a few days. The bandaid has been off for 2 days now and this morning after my shower I noticed it has become very red, enlarged and sore again.

I have attached pics below.

any idea what they are and if theres any need to worry and what I shoukd do about them?

Thankss

post-13519-0-86827100-1412067619_thumb.j

post-13519-0-15619500-1412067638_thumb.j

No definitely not anything to do with the stitches. The stitches are a lot higher up and I've got them completely covered with the tape.

I called my PS last night and she said I need to come in today and see her. I'm really worried now.

It hasn't gotten any better overnight either. Going in to see my PS today will be close to impossible. Don't know what to do :(

I assumed they were needle marks where she injected local anesthetic when I first noticed them last week.

I googled it last night and it seems my assumption may be correct, however if I am correct and one of them has become infected, what are the chances of it spreading to the implant?

I'm really freaking out coz it's becoming more and more difficult by the minute literally to go in and see my PS as no one is willing to cooperate and make sacrifices for me to be able to go in and see her to get piece of mind and commence treatment if need be.

Only thing hubby can suggest is to go see my gp but they are all pretty clueless at the local medical centre and I doubt they'll be of any help :(

I have noticed weird needle marks, but above mine (I had armpit incision and haven't opened the compression bra to look yet).. there's lots of them, and one of them does seem a little worse than the others too, but not infected.

Do you have some dettol or betadine? Maybe you could see if it's ok to apply some onto them?

I put some rubbing alcohol on it because that's all I have.

I too had heaps of these needle marks, they're all gone except for this one and it's just getting bigger sorer redder and not healing.

I saw my gp she said it doesn't look infected and not to worry about it.

Should I just settle with that? I think I'd feel more comfortable seeing my PS but hubby thinks I'm being paranoid.

What do you girls think?

I agree with rockmelonmamma.

Keep it dry and give it a day.

Dont keep putting your finger on it to see if it is sore because your finger might have germs on it.

I dont think there is any chance of anything going into the implant even if it does get a tiny bit infected.

If it is a needle mark it is tiny and localised. I think it will clear up. Give yourself a break from looking at your boobs. I know it's hard but it might be increasing your anxiety levels. 

Go do something nice just for yourself for the rest of your afternoon. Even if it is just having a cuppa outside or reading a trashy. :)

I agree with rockmelonmamma.

Keep it dry and give it a day.

Dont keep putting your finger on it to see if it is sore because your finger might have germs on it.

I dont think there is any chance of anything going into the implant even if it does get a tiny bit infected.

If it is a needle mark it is tiny and localised. I think it will clear up. Give yourself a break from looking at your boobs. I know it's hard but it might be increasing your anxiety levels. 

Go do something nice just for yourself for the rest of your afternoon. Even if it is just having a cuppa outside or reading a trashy. :)

thanks Sniff for your advise

your right I need to stop looking at it and take my mind off it

lets hope it settles down soon.

No improvement. Saw my PS and she told me that they are in fact not needle marks because she did not inject any local anaesthetic during my ba. It turned oit that it a reaction my skin is having to the tape.

She looked at my incisions and they are healing very well so she gave me the clear to stop using the tape on them as it appears I may actually be allergic to them.

hope this helps others if anyone else experiences the same thing. Btw the other marks I noticed last week are still there they just haven't gotten as bad as this one has for me to notice them.

I found a round bandaid on my neck yesterday, when I asked about it today they said the anaesthesia guy put a canula in my neck o.O it's so weird how we come out with some of these marks!

would be nice if they'd tell us this stuff after we come out so we have some kind of idea and not freak out etc

I know, considering I was talking to him about vampires right before I went under (random, but there is a story behind it) - you can imagine my reaction to the bandaid >.<

LOL, thats really funny. Well if it really is a vampire bite you'll know if you notice you're healing at an alarming rate ;)

Do you have much swelling this time around without them?

Not really. I was much more swollen with my 1st ba, however my left implant had deflated by about 50% before this ba so I noticed it was a lot more swollen than my right side, but never the less the swelling was mild and only for a few days...by 1 wk it was all gone.

I found a round bandaid on my neck yesterday, when I asked about it today they said the anaesthesia guy put a canula in my neck o.O it's so weird how we come out with some of these marks!

Well, what do you think of this ??

post op. I have a bruise on my pubic bone ?!

wtf??

have worked in theatre so know you (can) be thrown about (really) but.... never seen anything like this.

the mind boggles !

Well, what do you think of this ??

post op. I have a bruise on my pubic bone ?!

wtf??

have worked in theatre so know you (can) be thrown about (really) but.... never seen anything like this.

the mind boggles !

oh, what? O.o now that is one bruise I'd be wondering about. . .I mean really wondering about