Alwayshavefaith

Did any girls gain weight after eating all the Thailand food after surgery?

I had surgery 10 days ago and was bloated the first week!

Most of the bloating has gone done but I've had buffet breakfast and been goig out enjoying all the food and eating so much carbs and just feel blaaaaah!

I guess I'm okay if I gained like 1-2kg but I'm so depressed and scared to go home and I've gained like 5kg :(

I'm here for 2 weeks total is I guess it's 2 weeks of bad eating.

I'm curious if anyone else who stayed in thailand after surgery did you gain much weight?

I'm usually healthy and love my excercise at gym so it's really making me upset.

I think once we stop training we all stress, once you get your routine back on track u'll be fine. We can't be too hard on ourselves, we've just had surgery. You can't take back what u've eaten so there's no point stressing about it just keep it clean from here on out. I'm sure u look great but u just want to feel great too

I didn't gain, but barely ate the first couple days after surgery due to pain and sleeping (and unappetising hospital food!). I also took probiotics continuously so had no bloating either. The food was actually really good once my appetite came back, and I had sashimi and curries etc. I found the portion sizes quite large however, so would normally have half saved for lunch/dinner etc. =)

I'm still quite bloated so have no idea if I've gained weight or not. The bloating is doing my head in though. I usually go to the gym every day and eat 5 small meals with carbs only around my workout time and oats (with protein) in the morning. I've found the Thai serves to be quite small and I'm only eating 3 meals a day so hoping for no more than a kg weight gain + the 700g from my boobs. I'm trying not to stress too much though as I know I'll lose it easily once I'm working out again. Just want the yucky bloat gone.

I gained a few kgs after eating terribly (seriously bad, burgers, tacos, pizza!!) in Thailand and I had a breast reduction!  Each time I went to hospital to be weighed I had put on weight but I had also just eaten breakfast!

When I got back to Australia I weighed myself in the morning before eating anything and actually weighed the same as I did before I left to the gram!  I am now three weeks post op and have not yet started exercising but have lost 700g (which is HUGE for me).

Just relax, enjoy your time away and get back into the clean eating when you get back and will loose weight as your body will have a little shock :) Its amazing how quickly it can come off as soon as you go back to clean eating!

Oh I'm so glad I asked! I was really upset lat night because I work so hard for my body to be how it was before surgery but I just re read everyone's comments (especially ellabella) and have just decided to still enjoy my food but just be abit careful and not over eat!

Thank you so much I feel better!

You'll be fine! I put on maybe a kilo? But was smashing pad thai and red curry daily as well as all the rest haha honestly just relax while you're there and enjoy yourself. Your body will be worrying enough about the new foreign objects in them, just feed it with good food as well as some of the junk and you'll be fine! Enjoy the experience xx

If you have another four days to go and you are still feeling a bit heavy, you could do a day of vegie juices soon. Or just eat vegies and drink lots of water if you cant find vegie juices.

If that doesn't fit well with you and how you feel, just enjoy and tell yourself you will kick straight back into your usual mode when you get back home. 

Honestly, it is more likely still fluid fluctuations and the old poo problem. It could only be real fat if you have been eating heaps of sugary carbs and that's not likely. 

Dont be upset with yourself, you have done so well to get through this with so much grace. You had two surgeries instead of one and you dealt with it really well. 

i think I would have had a meltdown.....and your result looks great. Looking forward to more photos down the track. I think Dr Narupon needs to ask if he can use your results as his examples. A great advertisement. 

You definitely get bloated after surgery and I found it took a week and a half for it all to go completely down. I gained 3 kilos while there (no regrets) but it's just something that happens on holidays! Have fun and relax. Don't eat more than what makes you comfortable and just focus on getting better from surgery. Plenty of time to look after your weight after you're back to 100% :)