dreamingofboobs

confused and advice really appreciated

Hi ladies,

my first post on this forum! I have been going to consultations for breast augmentation. I am currently an 8A 5ft 6 and 50kg. I originally wanted to fill a C cup but then this thing called 'boob greed' has got hold of me and now I'm aiming for a D!! I've seen surgeons in Brisbane and the Gold Coast who have different opinions from each which isn't helping me. I've also FR some of you on here who have similar stats to me to try and get clearer in my head the cc I require to achieve nice big boobs!! One surgeon that I really like has said he wont take me above 315cc dual plane XHP as he says my breast width is 11cm and the 315 is already just over 11cm...not sure quite what this means.

Another surgeon has said I can go up to 360cc. All surgeons have recommended tear drop as I have quite a bony chest I'd say and I don't want to look like they're stuck on although I do want to feel full.

So any help, advise, feedback would be most appreciated. my husband wants me to get it done asap as he's sick of hearing me talk about only this subject, but I obviously want to get it right.

Many thanks in advance of any comments.

: )

You have to stop thinking in cc's. Your breast width determines the size of the implant that is able to be used for you. Ie what fits. Being a smaller frame less cc's will still take you a lot further than someone who has a bigger frame than you.

You need to find a surgeon that you feel confident with and then work with them to determine the best or biggest size your body can comfortably handle to get your desired results.

Hope this helps

I had my BA done on 22nd Sept with Dr. Harwood. I am 55/56kg and 165cm tall. I was basically an 10AA cup bra and also with a bony chest. I know that my breasts are still healing but I am really happy with them. I got the teardrop nuance implant under the muscle due to not a lot of breast tissue and the boney chest. Originally Dr. Harwood decided to do the 310mL size but on the day of surgery we agreed to go for the 270mL size because I had lost a kg since seeing him in the consultation. Because I am very active with gym work and also I have a small frame - hardly any hips - and a size 8 in clothes - he felt the smaller size would suit me much better. I am glad I listened to him because even at this stage of healing, I can see I made the right choice. Obviously if I was blessed with beautiful hips/womanly frame, a bigger size of implant would have been appropriate for me. My opinion would be to look at your frame and see what would suit you best. I definitely found Dr. Harwood took all this into account and also the look I wanted. Hope this helps.

It depends what look ur after too, I got the biggest for the look I wanted. I could have gone bigger with a higher profile but for me my desired shape trumped size. Ur PS will prob ask u what is more important to u and go from there. In saying this I am currently wearing at the least the cup size I hoped for. I hope this helps

hey hun, i was an 8aa or 10aaa, basically i was flat. And i am 170cm (5foot 7 i think) and was 49-50kg when i had surgery. I got teardrop 295cc Mod height full projection and i am now a 10d or dd. Send me a FR if you like i have pictures you can look at. and as merman said its about the look not the cc and i wouldn't have wanted XHP either, for me i got my perfect looking natural set that i look like i was born with. its all about a PS who you trust i think. good luck 

I agree that your BWD is what really dictates what size you can do. I am 165cm and 54kg and my surgeon advised 2 sizes for me based on the look I was after (a natural size and shape for my body), he advised 255/295 or 295/325 (to correct my asymmetry). He ended up being able to fit the larger of the options but he explained that this is the max I could go as the implant had a width of 12cm and my breast width is 12.5cm. This is where the relevance of the surgeon who explained the width of the implant versus your BWD came in. 
Some surgeons are known for being more conservative (mine is) and this comes into play with what they advise too. 

With your small frame I'd be wary of going to big, but thats just me. I'm measuring a good 10D I imagine now with the sizes I went. 

Thanks to all those ladies who have replied so far, I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Yes the more I read into this, the more I am trying to move away from cup/cc size as it seems that it is all about taking on my dimensions and working with what I have. I am not completely flat chested, but I am small. I am more pear shaped so I do want to feel balanced out without looking out of proportion. I do feel the surgeon I was most comfortable with was offering the larger implant, but more expensive than others I had consults with.

is anyone able to explain in simple terms the HP, WHP, moderate profile as I am still not clear about what this is trying to achieve given I am going with a teardrop implant.

Again, thanks in advance for all your feedback....I will keep you informed of my journey, now just want to get it all booked in!

Teardrops may be slightly diff to round I think, as they make some for taller women, and others for shorter,(can someone help here)?? but generally the profile determines the projection (how far out they come from your body) so a moderate profile will sit a lot flatter than a high profile. My 2 options are 330 moderate profile, or 365 high profile, but they are both the same width, one just projects out further than the other. Hope that makes sense!

mine are Natrelle 410s in 295cc MF which in my brand is moderate height (as in the top to bottom measurement of implant) so they don't come up to high on my chest wall and look fake, and full projection meaning they go outwards more to the front to give me the most outward projection as i was flat. my implant width has no mention in its code name. Different brands call things different names/codes too so it can get confusing, what you need to do is compare the charts for the different brands to see the actual measurements as some are the same even though one brand will call it HP or XHP (High Profile  or Extra high profile) and another brand will call it FM Full height Moderate Projection. Have i confused you enough!!??!! 

easiest way to not get confused is to just trust your PS, if you don't then find a new one. your body dictates what you can fit if you want a certain look so don't get caught up in measurements and profile, this is their job! :)