PinkFriday

Second lift - update (to happen Monday?)

I've been in contact with my surgerons receptionist. I've left my concerns with her and shes going to pass it on to Mark. Looks like I might be going into theatre on Monday (not in his office at the end of next month which I was first told). My concern is the expectations and whether going through this lift again is going to give me the look I want (because I wasnt happy from day 1). My second option is to go over the muscle but thats a bigger risk of CC. They wanted to get me into their office tomorrow for a consult I think but Im busy and it's too far, surely the questions can be done over the phone. I'll hear back from her today or tomorrow morning. I feel anxious. 

It seems to me that the communication between you and your surgeon is lacking on so many levels .

How do you go from in consult room lift ( which was concerning ) to going to theatre ? Do you then have to pay that cost now ?

You should make time tomorrow and go see him and make sure your on the same page . Something as important as this shouldn't be left up to messages from you and the receptionist.

After all the drama and heartache you need to be sure of the outcome .

I know but it's in an awkward location not near transport barely any parking and my dad usually takes me but Im sick of having to get him to because he's always taking days off work to help me with appointments and has to take my grandpa to the doctors. I just don't know why it couldn't have been discussed in my last consult. If the results are just going to be like day 1 may as well save me the trip there if you know what I mean. I'll see what she says tomorrow morning. They're an hour from me.

This sort of convo needs face to face time. Get a cab or bus it. Either way if u don't have the face to face discussion then u can expect disappointment after uR 2nd surgery. These consults are important to ensure u both understand each other and gives you a chance to clear the air and be on the same page. It's up to u in the end but keep in mind you will most likely regret not taking the effort to see uR surgeon because it was an inconvienece to travel to see him. I'd rather go out of my way n see him than risk being upset with my results cause I was too lazy to see him.

You absolutely must have a proper face to face consultation with your surgeon. Surely this is the best option?

Until now you have had a communication breakdown. This is your chance to be direct and together you can sort it all out and make a plan.

Yes it could/should have happened at the last consult. But it didn't and that doesn't matter now. You can't change that.

You wanted to tell him how you felt and you wanted a chance to make your expectations clear so the revision vould be a success.

Here is your chance!

wow!! Good luck, hope it all turns out how you want it. Is it day surgery? What have they said about the hospital fees?

Hey hun, thanks. They said theyre going to cover the fees so I wont be out of pocket. It's going to be a day thing but not overnight. I remember him saying half an hour procedure. I'm going to be staying at mums on Sunday because shes a bit closer to the city so I'll have her support there. 

What exactly is he doing this time pink? Another lift? Why can't he do it on re consult room now? X

Lift I think. I've got some questions for him before hand. My question is what you said, how is it being performed as a lift or moving them. I'm not sure why they first said in the office to now in theatre. I hope the recovery isn't bad. I went ages without showing on the first go.

Best of Luck for Monday Pink! Do you think he might have to do some pocket work and that's why he's saying theatre? A PS that I saw discussed being able to perform a lift under local anaesthetic in his day surgery but told me augmentation would definitely require theatre and general anaesthetic. I've sent you a FR to follow your progress - I really hope you get the results you're after this time xx

Best of Luck for Monday Pink! Do you think he might have to do some pocket work and that's why he's saying theatre? A PS that I saw discussed being able to perform a lift under local anaesthetic in his day surgery but told me augmentation would definitely require theatre and general anaesthetic. I've sent you a FR to follow your progress - I really hope you get the results you're after this time xx

Thanks hun. Hope so. I'll keep you all posted