Tal

Your best tips!!

Hi everyone!

What's everyones number one tip for surgery overseas? It can be breast related, pain relief, food, taxis - anything!

Just thought we could all share our best tips to help everyone else!

Talia x

Take your time in the consultation, try every option, ask heaps of questions - It all happens in one day, unlike when you go somewhere local and have multiple appointments. Photos of what you like and don't like would probably be really helpful.

Carefix Anna bra. I also bought a lulu Tata tamer (dr said it was fine to wear (can pass as a bathing suit)

Laxatives and probiotics (total 100% must) it gets so incomfortable

Go in with an open mind (my entire game plan changed once I met the surgeon and go with what he recommends. They do 100s of these a year and know better than you... Bigger isn't always better)

Oh and you get strapped down to the table when you are awake. I didn't know this and it freaked me out a little.

Carefix Anna bra. I also bought a lulu Tata tamer (dr said it was fine to wear (can pass as a bathing suit)

Laxatives and probiotics (total 100% must) it gets so incomfortable

Go in with an open mind (my entire game plan changed once I met the surgeon and go with what he recommends. They do 100s of these a year and know better than you... Bigger isn't always better)

Oh and you get strapped down to the table when you are awake. I didn't know this and it freaked me out a little.

I've never heard that before either. So glad you mentioned it, that would've freaked me out!

Don't do too much too soon.  I thought I was fine the day after getting home from hospital and then spent pretty much the entire day out and about.  Just go out for short lengths of time (even if you feel great).  Second bring another bra!!!  Ask for medication to reduce constipation before you leave the hospital.  I waited until my follow up consult to get it.