Sign in to follow this  
Kat

Rhinoplasty surgery advice!!!

Hi Guys,

I am travelling overseas in November to have rhinoplasty surgery and I am just wondering is there any advice you can give me such as recovery or what to pack in medical bag goign over there?? I'm super nervous as it is getting close now, but I'm also super excited about the changes ahead. :)

Thank-you and I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Hi Kat

Good luck with your surgery. I am in the same boat as you as I am pre-surgery but I have started a list of things I will be using post-op that I have found worked well for people on their blogs/forums. I will find it and copy it here later :)

Hi Jamily,

Good luck with your surgery too! That's a great idea! I might start doing a list! Where abouts if you don't mind me asking are you heading off to for your surgery??

I so nervous, so its great to have support and other people that you can talk to.

That would great if you can post up the list!

Thank-you! :-)

Hi Kat

I am based in Sydney and think I am using Dr Pincock who is based here. I am having a consult in a few weeks but all the feedback I've seen is great, as well as speaking directly to a couple of his patients who are all really happy.

I am going to have the following bits and bobs for after my surgery and at home, that you might want to take with you:

• Clothes that open to the front (not over the head) for after surgery...or that you can pull up from your legs - so you can avoid your face/nose
  • Some people swear by Electromagnetic patch (Google Actipatch)
  • Ice/heat packs (ice initially then warm compresses)
  • Snacks
  • (Nail Polish remover - you will need clear nails for the anesthetist)
  • Arnica
  • Vit C
  • Bromlain 
  • Pillow/bed wedge to help keep me from rolling/upright during the initial healing phase
  • Some good make up to help cover the black eyes
  • Don't forget to check with your surgeon about any  nasal douching etc and if you need to supply anything yourself

That's it for now but I will see if there is anything to add :)

Hi Guys,

I am travelling overseas in November to have rhinoplasty surgery and I am just wondering is there any advice you can give me such as recovery or what to pack in medical bag goign over there?? I'm super nervous as it is getting close now, but I'm also super excited about the changes ahead. :)

Thank-you and I look forward to hearing back from you all.

Hello Kat, 

Where are you going to have yours? I am also planning to go overseas

I had mine done last year and I also recommend a proper lymphatic drainage massage for your aftercare. Mine was a godsend, I was so swolen, got a cold on top of everything. Else and while it seems so airy fairy with them being so gentle, it drained all the yuck ness from my sinuses and reduced the swelling heaps!

Guest Cosmetic

What does Dr.Pincock best rhinoplasty doctor in sydney have anything todo with this topic?

You posted else where Dr.Paul Gerachi is the best Rhinoplasty doctor in Sydney? Make up your mind!

The bold highlighted link goes to a website in India?

I definitely found a lot of helpful advise on this thread, but i would also like to ask you guys another question.Can anyone please advise me on which surgeon I could trust for a rhinoplasty in sydney or melbourne?