Sign in to follow this  
Banana89

Super sad, feeling low and unsure

Hi all, 

So I'm super bummed. 

I really really want to get a BA. And I'm the impatient kind. 

Currently a single mother and after BF my baby for 10 months I just have no fullness left :(

I've been for a consult with Dr. Kevin Ho with The Breast Clinic and he's happy to do teardrop, 295-330cc under the muscle. 

So because I've had a bad credit rating in the past I can't get credit to have the procedure and I just don't think I will ever be able to save :( 

I'm struggling cause I have no self confidence. Coming up to summer and bikini weather I'm feeling more and more depressed. 

Also I've had some GF's who've had BAs and they think I should get round not teardrop. They think I will be disappointed with the result (if I ever get them).

Does anyone have advice on shape? 

I'm 162cms and about 47kgs. 

What is the quote?  Do you have good employment history and good boss now?

I had an old (paid) credit on my file that wont be wiped until 2016 and thought I was doomed but managed to buy a BMW a few months back with finance no problems.  Have you looked into all finance options?

The only option Mac Credit gave me was to put a family member on the application. My mum doesn't want t cause she has to buy a new car next year. And my sister says she's already got too much on her name in terms of credit. 
It's $8000 for my surgery. 
I still have to pay whats on my credit file. I've been with my budget for a few months to try and achieve this. 
I currently don't work. I am on the PPS and I have a small online retail store that I've only just opened up so it's not making much money :(
I'm doomed. 

I feel like everyone thinks I'm stupid for wanting this so badly. But as a single mum I feel so down. I used to be a small D before bub and now I'm a small B. 

Personally I would wait until your business is starting to make money and your finances are in order.  :-)  I was tempted to take out a loan for my surgery but decided it was best to wait until I'd saved the money and am now booked in for January with the surgeon of my choice.  I'm a full-time student and although I'm working, I only work part-time because of my study load so it has taken me a long time to save but the thought I kept in mind was imagining how horrible I'd feel if I was in debt even if I did have my new boobs, especially if I had some kind of emergency for which I needed $$$.  Plus the amount of interest you pay on bank loans is crazy and the amount of interest cosmetic surgery finance companies charge is even worse!!!  Just my two cents but honestly, I think its best to wait until you're in a more comfortable position.  

I agree with Serena90, try and save. I have talked about this for years, the timing was never right, l was studying etc etc. I had almost forgotten about doing it until l met a girl with a great pair that had her's done in Thailand so now l'm getting them done for my birthday! I still feel a little guilty, but our kids are older and almost self sufficient so l don't need to worry about schools fees, dentists etc so now the time is right. I would not go into debt for it, l have just been saving hard and l'm not the most patient person, plus l hate debt! Hang and there, you will reach your target! 

Don't give up on your dream to have a BA. You will find a way to make it happen. Re the shape of the implant, a good surgeon will take into account your measurements, body shape, breast tissue etc. I went with teardrop nuance implants 270cc. I am 56kg and 165cm. I breastfed 3 kids in 5 years so I went from an A cup down to a AA cup. Keep researching implants and ask lots of questions. This obviously matters a lot to you, so even if people don't understand why you want a BA remember this is your life and you only live it once. Best of luck with everything.

I am probably going against the grain here but I am very YOLO (you only live once).  I don't think a loan for surgery (so long as you have the capacity to pay it back) is a bad idea!  A small loan for $5000 and the repayments are less then $50 a week.  My first BA in 2006 at 23 was loan boobs and I paid them off quick.  Second my dad lent me money and my 3rd next year i'm in a position to save the money fast.  If it means that much to you i'd look into getting casual employment, even 1 or 2 days per week if possible and put aside as much as you can.

Hey banana89, I know how u feel! I was in your shoes a year ago, although I'm not a single mum we did not have ANY spare cash and hubby was dubious about saving up as he couldn't see where there was any room to save in our budget. Fast forward a year, we have both got slight pay increases, I've been saving religiously and cashed in some shares I had left for a rainy day. I'm still not quite there yet but will be by mid 2015. Don't give up! Try to improve your credit rating and then start saving. If you still have to borrow a bit then it's not the end of the world. At least you can do it on your own then and not rely on family guaranteeing your loan xxx

Thanks so much ladies! I think I might get a second opinion on the size and shape. I'm feeling a bit YOLO too and I think I've found a pic of what I'd like to look like and it's def not 330cc teardrop! Lol.

I'm going to try my hardest to clear my credit rating and save. Then I may borrow some to pay for them. I'm slightly obsessed! Thanks for all your advice and reassurance! Xx