Sign in to follow this  
GCgirl_newboobs

Pain killers/kids/surgery :-/ 3days post op had BL & BA after 3 kids

I'm 3 days post op Im a youngish mum of 3 kids youngest 5 months

My dr was Dr. Raja Sawhney in southport on the Gold Coast first off could not fault him one bit couldn't be happier with my end result.

I had gone from having full DD even after 2 babies to flat, saggy, wrinkly floppy boobs after my 3rd baby.

Few questions:

When did you pick up your bubs for the first time?

Has anyone felt weird after taking the prodeine forte? I've had to stop and start taking nurofen I'm not even going to try take the endone they proscribed.

I don't have drains in does that matter with recovery?

And how do I post before and after pics? Lol

Posting Pics: 

Go to your name in the top right corner of this page.

The drop down box will have a "my settings" tab.

Once in My Settings there will be a small blue tab that says "Settings" then beside it will be a different tab called "Gallery".

Click on "gallery".

Then click on the tab that says "Create Album" (right side).

Follow the instructions from there.

Let me know if you have any problems uploading photos. Also, make sure you choose the privacy setting that allows others to see the photos.

goodluck :)

Hello!

I picked my 14 month old daughter up from day 3, but was just careful to bend with my knees. I didn't carry her large distances, just in and out of the cot. I was driving and lifting her into the car at about 6 days post op.

If the Panadienne makes you feel bad then don't take it. I preferred the Endonne as it eliminated all my pain. I took it till 5 days post op then took no pain relief.

I have a 4yr old and almost 3 year old. I am 16 days post op, only had Panadine Forte and felt fine, no pain just tiered. Had my mum and husband help with the kids and do stuff around the house for first 5 days. I just told my kids that mummy is sore and can't pick you up, still haven't picked them up yet as my Dr said no lifting for 3 weeks.

Hello!

I picked my 14 month old daughter up from day 3, but was just careful to bend with my knees. I didn't carry her large distances, just in and out of the cot. I was driving and lifting her into the car at about 6 days post op.

If the Panadienne makes you feel bad then don't take it. I preferred the Endonne as it eliminated all my pain. I took it till 5 days post op then took no pain relief.

I might wait another 2 days to lift my son and see how I go just afraid I might split my stitches were you driving 6 days post op also?

I've come off all the prescriptions made me all loopy lol just on nurofen at night now feel so much better :)

This worries me

I'm flying in for my op in jan I'll have four days on my own then another day with hubby home so that's five

But my daughter is under two and getting her into bed car high chair down from things worries me

Although my doc said a weeks long as I'm not over extending my arms or lifting then above my head

I'm 3 days post op Im a youngish mum of 3 kids youngest 5 months

My dr was Dr. Raja Sawhney in southport on the Gold Coast first off could not fault him one bit couldn't be happier with my end result.

I had gone from having full DD even after 2 babies to flat, saggy, wrinkly floppy boobs after my 3rd baby.

Few questions:

When did you pick up your bubs for the first time?

Has anyone felt weird after taking the prodeine forte? I've had to stop and start taking nurofen I'm not even going to try take the endone they proscribed.

I don't have drains in does that matter with recovery?

And how do I post before and after pics? Lol

our youngest was 2, I did 3 complete days of no lifting or anything, on day 4 I lifted her into the bath but I kept the lifts to a minimal until the 1 week appointment when they old me I could do more. Make sure you use your lower body to pick up anything, pull your child into you and lifted so that the weight is in your legs and no pulling of the pecks. Actions where you are lifting out in front and up (like putting in an out of the cot) are much harder and not so good for your recovery. 

Yes I felt so weird after surgery and in the first couple of days, I think it was a combination of drugs and the GA, I was down to regular panadol by day 4. 

No drains for me either, it's just how some surgeons prefer to do their surgery and recovery for their patients. I've got some fluid in my lefty and that has been there since 10 days and in some ways I wish my surgeon would have drained it but that can increase infection risk and he feels the body will absorb it. So I just have to be patient. 

our youngest was 2, I did 3 complete days of no lifting or anything, on day 4 I lifted her into the bath but I kept the lifts to a minimal until the 1 week appointment when they old me I could do more. Make sure you use your lower body to pick up anything, pull your child into you and lifted so that the weight is in your legs and no pulling of the pecks. Actions where you are lifting out in front and up (like putting in an out of the cot) are much harder and not so good for your recovery. 

Yes I felt so weird after surgery and in the first couple of days, I think it was a combination of drugs and the GA, I was down to regular panadol by day 4. 

No drains for me either, it's just how some surgeons prefer to do their surgery and recovery for their patients. I've got some fluid in my lefty and that has been there since 10 days and in some ways I wish my surgeon would have drained it but that can increase infection risk and he feels the body will absorb it. So I just have to be patient.

Thanks so much on day four now and feeling way Better it's like the more you do the better you feel(well for me) yeah I figured my body will just absorb the fluid I was thinking taking nurofen may help because it's a anti inflammatory but I know nothing thought it may help lol

Can't wait to cuddle my boys though it's hard going from busy mum to not doing anything I feel a bit terrible and useless but it's the first thing I've done for myself in 6 years so it helps ease it a little.

Still getting a bit nauseas but with what I've read from a few people on the recovery forum it can last a week.

Xx