Emma91

Bangkok or Phuket??

Hi Girls,

Sooo Still in a pickle of what surgeon to go for... Lucky i still have another 6 months to decide but then again i am wanting to book at the start of the new year so i can actually start looking forward to it.

Iv been looking back and forth between Phuket & Bangkok (Money isn't a issue) and would just like feed back on where you prefer and what made you decide that destination... I no you should just go where your selected surgeon is but i have to many in mind and from both destinations...

Any recommendations would be great :)

Em x

I picked Phuket because of PIAC recommendations and my preferred surgeon works there. It is also a nicer place to recover. Bangkok is fun, but noisy unless you travel outside the city centre post op for recovery time. Good luck! 

I had mine in Bangkok because of the surgeon and hospital I chose and I am totally happy with the care and support I got. Money wasnt an issue for me but I did find the cost very reasonable. Now that I know how good Thailand in general, I would go for Phuket as it sounds like a nicer place to recover.

I had mine at Bangkok, TT and BA - in Bangkok at sukhumvit samitivej hospital with dr pitchit siriwan, the hospital was amazing like a hotel, loved my surgeon and all the staff.

Bangkok it's self is not a nice place i found but being that I was allowed to so much it didn't worry me to hang out in my very nice hotel room and rest.

Hi Girls i am thinking about going to thailand to have my breasts reduced but i worry that it might not get done properly because i have heard some bad stories. Could anyone please aleviate those concerns and also recommend a reputabe surgeon etc I am very large size 16L so im guessing alot of work would have to be done. Can anyone tell me on average how much it costs in thailand? In australia i have been quoted $13,000 without health insurance and that is alot. I have seen a price of 7000 australian dollars for everything including 2 weeks accommodation, does that sound right?

Any advice girls would be greatly appreciated

Thank you 

Hellsy 

Hellsy you'll prob find it cheaper in Bangkok but I would avoid and spend a little more and head to Phuket. All docs there are Internationally recognised surgeons. Most in Bangkok are not!! You talking serious surgery so don't take risks... Send off your pics and enquires to PIAC and ask who's best to perform this and cost. There are fantastic surgeons there. I would lean towards Boonchai or Rushapol but I'm sure they will advise who is best. Good luck x

I've booked with phuket as i prefer the tropical style :) I'm almost 30 and my party days are behind me so i prefer to relax under the palm trees vs going shopping, I've been to bangkok when i was about 19 and i had a lot of fun, went to pattaya and to the MBK shopping centre and it was great, but now I'm older the idea of surgery there seems like hard work. Phuket where i can wander through sleepy markets and relax on the beach and watch my kids play sounds way more inviting :)

Phuket for sureeeeee! Amazing tropical holiday to recover to, not a busy city like bangkok, but it really does come down to the preferred surgeon ect, I went to bangkok hospital phuket and it's was absolutely amazing I would do it 1000 more times if I could! I'm sure you'll find what's best for you!

I've booked with phuket as i prefer the tropical style :) I'm almost 30 and my party days are behind me so i prefer to relax under the palm trees vs going shopping, I've been to bangkok when i was about 19 and i had a lot of fun, went to pattaya and to the MBK shopping centre and it was great, but now I'm older the idea of surgery there seems like hard work. Phuket where i can wander through sleepy markets and relax on the beach and watch my kids play sounds way more inviting :)

Hi Hayleyworrall, when are you heading over? I've just started researching overseas surgery, I'm also a mother of 2 and 31. Are you taking your kids with you? As much as I'd love to go I can't imagine leaving my babies for 2 weeks!

Hi Hayleyworrall, when are you heading over? I've just started researching overseas surgery, I'm also a mother of 2 and 31. Are you taking your kids with you? As much as I'd love to go I can't imagine leaving my babies for 2 weeks!

YES! i am taking the whole gang with me! ill be almost 30 when I'm in phuket. I'm taking my 2 children and husband as well. I'm choosing to stay out of patong so its a bit of a quieter family holiday as most girls are out shopping 2 days after surgery so i think why not take them. they are my support network and am so happy for their support. ill add you as a friend and message you. :)