Sign in to follow this  
Teeeleee

credit card to pay surgery

Did anybody pay for their surgery with a credit card? I don't think I'll have enough $$ so thought about getting one of the cards with the low/no interest for a certain period but can they be used over seas?

I have! I figured I wanted them sooner than saving would get me and I would just plunk it all down on the card and pay it back in chunks leading up to the surgery :). Careful of the cash advance fee you will be hit with on top of the increased interest on "cash" payments. If your credit card is Mastercard or Visa you should have no problems using it overseas - just make sure you don't have a daily limit on the card so you don't run the risk of not being able to pay in full and let your bank know just before you go that a large transaction will be made overseas (so they don't think it's fraud). Also keep in mind the foreign transaction fees :)

There is a thread on here somewhere about the 28 degree c/c. Great for overseas transactions and u can pay in Thai baht for a better rate. After reading the thread I spoke with my sis because she travels ALOT and she said this is the card her and her hubby use and it's excellent. I put cash onto it to cover my surgery before I left and now I'm back I just close it off. Worth checking out to avoid certain international fees.