Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cosmetic

post-op Bulk billing?

Guest Cosmetic

Hi all,

My understanding was when a surgeon sends you a quote it includes all post -op care!

Im confused? Doesn't bulk billing mean that medicare pays for it and its not at cost to you?? Your quote is for the expected procedure. Your surgeon may have needed to do extra work during surgery which he could not foresee preoperatively. 

A lot of surgeons will give you several consultations after surgery bulk billed so charged to Medicare at zero cost to patient. Some say up to 4 post op visits others put a time limit on it. My quote from dr p says all post op consults up to 4 weeks are not charged. After the 4 weeks I presume I will have to pay $100 for every follow up and get around $35 back from Medicare.

Guest Cosmetic

Im confused? Doesn't bulk billing mean that medicare pays for it and its not at cost to you?? Your quote is for the expected procedure. Your surgeon may have needed to do extra work during surgery which he could not foresee preoperatively.

I was referring to postoperative care how that should be observed in the surgery costing