jumeriah

What to take to your first Rhinoplasty Appointment & Costs

I am 40yrs old and after years of torment as a child, and the first thing people comment or look at when they see me, i have decided that i want to get Rhinoplasty.  My nose was broken twice as a child, and it's crooked and big. I have a deviated septum and can't breath out of one side of my nose. 

I spoke to my GP and asked if i can get refereed to a plastic surgeon to get a nose job. She said it sounded like i have sinus issues and i need to get a CT scan first, and that a plastic surgeon won't fix sinus issues?

I am going for the CT scan this week and calling the surgeon anyways to book an appointment.

Can anyone tell me what else i need to take to the surgeon? Do you need x-rays done, ultrasounds etc, or is my doctor correct in saying i need the CT scan done first?

Can anyone advise what it cost them to have a nose job? Does medicare health funds cover any of it? How long would you need to be off work  I would want it smaller, straighter.

Thanks

Jumeriah

It depends on what you are wanting to achieve. In Sydney there are a few ENT plastic surgeons who can perform sinus and rhinoplasty combined. I am going to dr pincock. Medicare and insurance covers some but the gap is very expensive, but will depend what you need done. I would take a ct scan with you so they can see your sinuses.

Hi Jumeriah

I am in the same boat in some respects as I also have a deviated septum and would like to make some adjustments to the appearance of my nose at the same time. I would like a small bump removed and it made a bit smaller. 

I am going for a consult with Dr Pincock in a few weeks like brookestar (he is an ENT and plastic surgeon combined). I am not having a CT scan done until I have seen him even though I'm sure he will recommend one.

Good luck :)

Thanks ladies, I want to make it smaller is size, it's hook looking and totally out of proportion with my face.and crooked. I just want it to look in proportion with my face, straighten up and breath out of it.

The receptionists said i didn't need to do anything for the appointment with the plastic surgeon, but i will still get the sinus scan anyways incase i need to go to the ENT surgeon.

Good luck ladies, i can't wait to get it done!