GCgirl_newboobs

Can't sleep help!! 6 days post op

I'm 6 days post op with a bl and ba

I'm struggling terribly with sleep I can only sleep in 1 hour intervals and then wake up feeling stiff just can't get comfortable I'm still lying in my back slightly elevated and don't want to take sleeping pills I have kids and can't be groggy

Anyone have tips on getting a better sleep I feel I can't lay on my side or flat.. I'm so so tired :(

My surgeons office suggested using a spare doona behind me as opposed to layering pillows. I never tried it as I ended up adjusting the mattress on our sleep number bed so that it was super soft instead. This helped but honestly, I still don't sleep that great at nearly 4 weeks post op! Im paranoid of hurting the girls I suspect that is why! 
It's a bit of a skill creating the pillow fort! 

i would take the meds to help you sleep, then you'll be better rested and can function better during the day. unless you mean you need to wake for kids during night, thats a bit harder. but if not then trust me sleep is better for you that fatigue! 

They never gave me a sleeping pill prescription and I have young kids I have to get up for at night and I'm really not in pain just scared I'm pulling on the stitches if I lay on my sides the pain killers don't really help me sleep, being over tired doesn't help either might have to come up with a better pillow forte