rockmelonmamma

Day 5 post op and feeling down

It's day 5 post op, I'm feeling really down and out today. Up until today recovery has been quite easy, but i woke this morning to what I could only guess was 'morning boob', a sensation which could be likened to being stabbed in the boob area with a red hot object. I had slept in bed for the first time since surgery, before then I have been on the recliner. The pain persisted through most of the morning, and even though I managed to get through until then on only one endone I finally gave in to taking another - it made me feel dizzy and nauseous. The pain still persisted until I put an ice pack on it - I texted the nurse who reassured me this can be normal.

I then spent the rest of the day resting on the couch and feeling useless while my mum and husband did all the things I would normally be doing, I felt useless and bored. To top things off I have my period, it came yesterday :-(

I still have drains in, which I am beginning to feel very resentful of - they get in the way, and are itchy against my skin. Not being able to have a shower is also getting me down, and tonight it all came to a head when I laid down in bed and my boobs started hurting again . . I carried my pillows back out to the recliner and just cried and cried.

I feel like I have been selfish for choosing to do this to myself, and for making others take on the responsibility of caring for me and my usual tasks.

I keep telling myself once the drains are out, and I can have a real shower, and start to do things for myself again it will he better. I know they will. I just wonder how normal all these emotions are? has/is anyone else going through similar?

What a mixed bag of emotions this experience brings.

oh hun its a roller coaster, a couple of weeks of someone helping you instead of you helping everyone else isn't going to cause the end of the world so try and go easy on yourself. the pain won't last forever so remember that, it feels like it will but it does get better i promise. we've all been through it so keep checking in as we are all here to help ok! i hope tomorrow is better day for you xxxx

You're right, what you're feeling is totally normal. A lot of us go through the ringer with our emotions right after the surgery wondering why we put ourselves through it but the results will be worth it. You've been through a lot and you need time to recover and heal from it. The first week or so are the toughest but it does get easier every day after that so hang in there, rest while you can, enjoy the downtime and give your body as much chance to heal as you can. You'll feel so much better once the drains are out too and looking forward to enjoying your new girls. ;)

Oh and of course everyone on this forum is fantastic for support or pick-me-up when we have doubts or feel down so trust that you're not alone and there are many that understand what you're feeling. Hope you start feeling heaps better soon. Hugs hun :)

Think of it this way, a c-section has a recovery time of 6 weeks and you get a baby for the rest of your life. An augmentation takes 1-2 weeks and you get boobs. Both a surgery, both you get something positive out of. You're not selfish.

Just remember everyone on this forum is here to support you through this and you will pay it back once you're looking hot in s bikini :)

I hope you're feeling better today and the pain has reduced a little. B :) :) BIES

Thank you all heaps for being such good support. I feel a bit bad for venting all of that - so, thankyou for just understanding. Xoxoxoxooxox. (And also understanding my partially illiterate midnight post. I had a proper teary-meltdown, which I think used the rest of my energy for the day because I passed out after.

I also woke up with no pain this morning (YAY!).

My husband was hovering ready to help me up, he had a coffee already made for me, and was collecting the mountain of tissues I'd surrounded myself with the night before. I feel fortunate to have him - but also part of me feels cranky because I like to do things on my own, and don't like it when people fuss over me. But yes, I should just enjoy it. Some people pay money for this type of thing! :-p I love him.

Now there are just two nights to get through before the drains are gone! And only 4 days until I should be allowed to drive again - independence!

Thanks again, girls. You are all wonderful! Xoxoxoxox

Hi rockmelonmamma,

I have heard around day 5 is when women can get a bit down about their BA..........kind of like the baby blues on day 3 when hormones are still going crazy after having a baby. I felt down on day 5 of healing from my BA and asked myself what the hell I had done. I think when we make pretty big decisions in our lives it is normal to question if we really want it and whether we should have done it. Plus don't forget you are on meds plus your body is going through a tremendous process of healing. So, you would be out of whack as your body puts its energy into healing you. I think also it is the emotional and mental journey of healing - I know for me I felt like crap for so long having AA cup size and then suddenly I have C cup size boobs for the first time in my life.......which is what I wanted...........but it felt weird and unnatural until my mind began to accept I now looked different. I got my BA done 2 weeks ago, and while I am still  healing and a bit sore, I an now feeling much better about  my new boobs and daresay it, I am beginning to actually feel like a woman rather than a 12 year old girl. Be kind to yourself and just take each day as it comes. And if that is too hard, just take one minute as it comes. You will get through these feelings and begin to feel good about yourself. Take care. x

Hi rockmelonmamma,

I have heard around day 5 is when women can get a bit down about their BA..........kind of like the baby blues on day 3 when hormones are still going crazy after having a baby. I felt down on day 5 of healing from my BA and asked myself what the hell I had done. I think when we make pretty big decisions in our lives it is normal to question if we really want it and whether we should have done it. Plus don't forget you are on meds plus your body is going through a tremendous process of healing. So, you would be out of whack as your body puts its energy into healing you. I think also it is the emotional and mental journey of healing - I know for me I felt like crap for so long having AA cup size and then suddenly I have C cup size boobs for the first time in my life.......which is what I wanted...........but it felt weird and unnatural until my mind began to accept I now looked different. I got my BA done 2 weeks ago, and while I am still healing and a bit sore, I an now feeling much better about my new boobs and daresay it, I am beginning to actually feel like a woman rather than a 12 year old girl. Be kind to yourself and just take each day as it comes. And if that is too hard, just take one minute as it comes. You will get through these feelings and begin to feel good about yourself. Take care. x

Hi Pink Butterfly,

Thankyoufor your words of reassurance and understanding. Xox. I guess I was also frustrated because up until yesterday I felt I was healing at such a good pace, then wham! Pain, emotions, and all other strange things.

I feel much better reading this is normal.

Oh yes, I forgot about the baby blues. I did get them a little when I got home from the hospital, just holding her in my arms and crying for no apparent reason - I think I felt better knowing it was a natural part of the process. Knowing this is natural now makes me feel a whole lot better too.

Thankyou. Xox

your hubby sounds like a keeper :) your right people pay good money to be waited on hand and foot, pretend your an outrageously rich lady with hired help and lap it up!!! lol, I'm glad you had a better day, hope it keeps ups for you xox

your hubby sounds like a keeper :) your right people pay good money to be waited on hand and foot, pretend your an outrageously rich lady with hired help and lap it up!!! lol, I'm glad you had a better day, hope it keeps ups for you xox

haha - yes!!

Thank you :-) feeling much more positive today!

Thank you all heaps for being such good support. I feel a bit bad for venting all of that - so, thankyou for just understanding. Xoxoxoxooxox. (And also understanding my partially illiterate midnight post. I had a proper teary-meltdown, which I think used the rest of my energy for the day because I passed out after.

I also woke up with no pain this morning (YAY!).

My husband was hovering ready to help me up, he had a coffee already made for me, and was collecting the mountain of tissues I'd surrounded myself with the night before. I feel fortunate to have him - but also part of me feels cranky because I like to do things on my own, and don't like it when people fuss over me. But yes, I should just enjoy it. Some people pay money for this type of thing! :-p I love him.

Now there are just two nights to get through before the drains are gone! And only 4 days until I should be allowed to drive again - independence!

Thanks again, girls. You are all wonderful! Xoxoxoxox

Hi rockmelonmamma,

I'm going through a low time at the moment, I'm 12 days post op. Thanks for this thread you created, it has helped me calm down a bit to read that others have gone through the same feelings and frustrations that I am going through.

How're you feeling now?

Xx

Hi rockmelonmamma,

I'm going through a low time at the moment, I'm 12 days post op. Thanks for this thread you created, it has helped me calm down a bit to read that others have gone through the same feelings and frustrations that I am going through.

How're you feeling now?

Xx

hi Elkette,

It's a real roller coaster at times, isn't it?

I hope you are feeling better soon. I know for me there has been ups and downs, but the night I started this thread was the worst day of feeling really down so far. I'm 2 months post op today! I can't believe I'm here already! And it seems the more and more I am able to do, the less feeling down I am. But, I still have the odd day of worrying about random things - but I had those before my BA, so I don't believe it's related to my implants in anyway.

You aren't far from the two week mark now - 2 more sleeps. The first 2 weeks was the hardest for me, after that it seemed to get easier and easier :-)

Yaaaay that's fantastic news!

I'm recovering a lot on my own as family is interstate and I'm single. A little nervous but hoping I'll be alright. So glad to hear you're a lot happier now!

How are they looking if you don't mind me asking, are you happy with your result?

Xx

Hope it's all going ok, it would be difficult on your own.

I'm happy with the result, I think they look good - and I'm happy with the size. I was going for the 'questionably fake' look, and I think my PS managed to achieve that.

How's your healing going? Are you happy with your results, so far?

Hi hun, hope you are feeling better, l am mostly doing things for myself because l am stubborn, pain is not to bad and l hate just lying around, l'm trying to be good and sitting on my laptop and napping in between. Hubbie has been great, but also a little annoying fussing over me so much, bless him lol. Looking forward to getting my drain tubes out today and getting out of here! Hate being stuck in a room, feeling restless and bored!

Edited to add- oh sorry your's were a few months ago now, hope everything is going well! x