Has anyone had later hair removal on the Gold Coast? Where did you go? Would you recommend? How much did it cost and how many session did you require. I am considering getting brazillian and underarms done. I've heard it's is incredibly painful, true?

Also is it safe to get after like a month or 2 after a BA ?

I do ipl on my braz underarms and now upper lip... i literraly have no hair down stairs.. forgotten what its like to have pubes lol... i like it better than waxing.. it literally takes a minute. Just feels like a hot quick zap. I go to a salon on the northside of brisbane though. I got a good deal.. i pay 69 for braz and underarm so its cheaper than waxing :)

I used to shave my underarms everyday. Now its once a week :) ive had it done for about 1 year and a half but had two pregnacies inbetween that so its affected my hormones so ive needed more treatments.

I have had ipl for hair removal.

All in all spent about $2500.-

Then found Ipl from TRIA that I bought from them directly and use at home. 

Sorry that device was not available before, otherwise I would have used that, instead a salon.

And no, it is not very painful and certainly not underarms.

Also you can always use a numbing cream one hour pre-treatment

If ok post op, I would contact your medico's clinic first as your arms need to be stretched above your head!

Go for it girl!

Im in Sydney so not aure prices in the GC but I am a huge fan of laser hair removal.

My dermatologist friend put me on to it years ago. She said only go to ones using Candela Gentlelase.

I started out doing underarm + Brazilian + top lip. I went every 6 weeks for one year.

Then I went every 18 weeks for the second year.

Now I go once or twice a year! I only have about 8 hairs left in the Brazilian and 2 under my left arm and 1 under the right!!

Lip and nostrils have none now!!

Recently I started legs so Im doing them every 6 weeks at the moment.

Is it painful?! HELL Yes.

But I used to get Emla cream from the chemist and out it on the Brazilian area and armpit 1 hour before laser then it wae NUMB for the treatment!

Nowadays I dont need it. The remaining hairs are so fine you can hardly aee them and the laser is quick and hardly hurts.

But the first few treatments OMFG.

Get the emla. You wont look back.

Im in Sydney so not aure prices in the GC but I am a huge fan of laser hair removal.

My dermatologist friend put me on to it years ago. She said only go to ones using Candela Gentlelase.

I started out doing underarm + Brazilian + top lip. I went every 6 weeks for one year.

Then I went every 18 weeks for the second year.

Now I go once or twice a year! I only have about 8 hairs left in the Brazilian and 2 under my left arm and 1 under the right!!

Lip and nostrils have none now!!

Recently I started legs so Im doing them every 6 weeks at the moment.

Is it painful?! HELL Yes.

But I used to get Emla cream from the chemist and out it on the Brazilian area and armpit 1 hour before laser then it wae NUMB for the treatment!

Nowadays I dont need it. The remaining hairs are so fine you can hardly aee them and the laser is quick and hardly hurts.

But the first few treatments OMFG.

Get the emla. You wont look back.

Thank you! That is heaps of awesome info!

I go to lazer clinics australia (I'm from Sydney) and get lazer for Brazilian and underarms. Best decision! The pain is barely there during your first treatments and as the up the dosage it gets slightly zappy, nothing you can't tolerate though :) they talk to you to keep you occupied and take your mind off it, they also use a cool air in sync with the lazer so you feel a hot zap and really cold breeze at the same time and it evens it out so you hardly feel a thing :)

Hi Candice88, I am currently getting my treatments from Ozskin ( http://www.ozskin.com/procedures/non-surgical/laser-hair-removal.htm ) they are amazing! and so affordable. They had a special on for bikini/brazilian and underarm for only $49 a treatment for six (its 25% more expensive to buy individually) I would definitely encourage you to book all six as its cheaper and then you get each session booked when your hair cycle is ready for the next treatment. If you stop start you may end up needing more treatments so its worth it to pay upfront and have it taken care of. 

The service is amazing too, they always do a confirmation call a day before incase you forget so you have time to shave.

The pain was really not that bad for me, the first is probably a little 'bitey' but not exactly painful. However I had my first treatment on my legs 2 weeks ago and it was quite a bit more sharp, I think it really depends on how thick and dark you hair is but it means its working. For example theres barely any pain where there is little hair.. In any case its nothing compared to waxing.. Best money I ever spent!

The results so far are incredible, I have only had 3 treatments on my underarms and bikini/brazilian and I dont need to shave anymore, I just shave the day before treatment to get those finer and stubborn hairs. No more ingrown hairs! 

I would definitely call them and ask about specials tho, when I went to add the leg treatments they gave me 60% off!!! so ask for specials! I think they have more specials in winter which is when I started my treatment. Good luck!!

Hi Candice88, I am currently getting my treatments from Ozskin ( http://www.ozskin.com/procedures/non-surgical/laser-hair-removal.htm ) they are amazing! and so affordable. They had a special on for bikini/brazilian and underarm for only $49 a treatment for six (its 25% more expensive to buy individually) I would definitely encourage you to book all six as its cheaper and then you get each session booked when your hair cycle is ready for the next treatment. If you stop start you may end up needing more treatments so its worth it to pay upfront and have it taken care of. 

The service is amazing too, they always do a confirmation call a day before incase you forget so you have time to shave.

The pain was really not that bad for me, the first is probably a little 'bitey' but not exactly painful. However I had my first treatment on my legs 2 weeks ago and it was quite a bit more sharp, I think it really depends on how thick and dark you hair is but it means its working. For example theres barely any pain where there is little hair.. In any case its nothing compared to waxing.. Best money I ever spent!

The results so far are incredible, I have only had 3 treatments on my underarms and bikini/brazilian and I dont need to shave anymore, I just shave the day before treatment to get those finer and stubborn hairs. No more ingrown hairs! 

I would definitely call them and ask about specials tho, when I went to add the leg treatments they gave me 60% off!!! so ask for specials! I think they have more specials in winter which is when I started my treatment. Good luck!!

Thanks heaps for this info! I'm oversea until I return home in March after my BA so I would be starting treatments going into winter, so hopefully they'll have good specials! I am definitely checking them out :)

I live in sydney but can say lazer is amazing! !

I went every 6 weeks for 8 sessions, and now go every 6 months. Easy peasy. It hurts like anything the first few sessions but as the hair thins it gets better, it takes the same amount of time as waxing so its manageable. . Honestly regret not doing it earlier. You have to avoid direct sunlight to the treated area, but its easy enough!

Go book an appt!!!! :)