Domino

How to 'lift' your bum?

What has worked for creating a tight bum? I have a tiny bum but it's starting to slip down my legs and I have a crease where it meets my legs that I didn't have before kids. I am skinner then I was before kids and don't really struggle with my weight. I go to the gym 5 times a week but can't run due to a crappy right knee. I would like to have a sexy bum again, any suggestions?

Do you have a particular workout that works ness01? And how often do you incorporate it into your routine? And can these exercises be done without making my very muscly thighs even bigger?

Lunges and squat lifting heavy!

couldn't agree more. But you must use resistance to reap the full rewards. I'm also a big fan of the brazil butt lift workout with resistance that you struggle with slightly it hits the glutes at all different angles.

Do you find that legs will bulk also with lunges and squats?

In order to do lunges and squats you must work the other muscles in your legs not just your bum so yes Ur leg muscles will also tone up. But you won't get get muscly big like a guy would unless Ur taking supplements. Women dont have enough testosterone to create a big muscly body so in order to look toned u also need cardio to lose body fat percentage. So that's y I say lift as hard as u can because no matter how hard u go Ur not going to look bulky..

Ahh I get it now, thanks!! I wouldn't want my legs any musclier as they are cut like a small guys now so I guess they won't get any worse because I'm not planing on taking supplements. My knee is fine as long as I take my time to check for correct alignment and only exercise on flat surfaces. my legs are so big from working with physio's to build muscle up around my chipped knee cap in order to support it's alignment. All types of circuit training is out for me and I just tend to motivate myself and do my own thing. Can any post their butt work out routine with rep amounts and how often they do it per week?

Lower body days is choose from these exercises

Squats in the squat rack about 30kg 4x10

Bulgarian lunges 7kg dumbbells 4x 8-10 each leg

Hamstring curls (not sure on the weight) 4x 8-10

Leg press (also not sure on the weight) 4x 8-10

Deadlifts about 30-40kg 4x10

Lunges in the squat rack 25kg 4x10 each leg

Weighted hip thrusts 10kg 4x10

Weighted one legged hip thrusts 10kg 4x10 each leg

Weighted walking lunges 4x10

Kettle bell swing squat things 4x10

Weighted sumo squats 4x10

I used to lower body twice a week. I've stopped training for the last 2 months though

Nope you need the weights/resistance to build muscle. And doing it every day doesn't help, your muscles grow while they are recovering not while you are actually doing the exercises, so you should be going heavy then having 2 or 3 days between leg/bum days.

i do lower body twice a week. I do a lot of what Mrs- B posted.

I do a few variations of squats too. Also single leg dead lifts are good (if you have the balance lol) and donkey kicks with ankle weights.

I've noticed my butt heading south too. I did the 30 day squat challenge and just that had my butt looking better. It is just using own body weight but you get up to 250 squats and a good burn. Does get very boring though. I'm waiting for our finance to recover from the BA expense to get the gym membership happening again.

Yep agree on squats with weights, get heavier as they get easier to do.. And also dead lifts. Squats shouldn't be too bad on a knee if you are doing it right using your muscles. Make sure your weight is all in your heel and squeeze your butt as you go up. With a bad hip, knee and pelvis, I can still do weighted squats. Lunges are not great for my hip or knee and I have to be really careful doing them personally so just see what works for you! I gain muscle easily and did get bigger muscles but my leg circumferences went down, so I was actually smaller!

Oh dear. I caught a glimpse of my bum in the mirror yesterday and I was not impressed! I have no idea when it got so bad. Thank god for this thread, im going to get started on all of these tips immediately.

With squats/lunges with weights.. can I use dumbbells held by my side? Im hoping that I dont have to go out and buy a bar because I already have a set of dumbbells.