I'm supposed to sing at a friend's wedding four days post op but Im scared I wont be able to due to the compression on my chest! Anyone have experience in this area?? I dont want to have to pull out on my friend as its only two months away and I dont want to leave her in the lurch! :/ 

It was hard for me to take deep breaths for at least the first 5 days. I also got out of breath pretty easily (and I'm quite fit).  I think singing may be difficult but like CGgirl said everyone recovers differently.  Perhaps have a chat with her and get her to arrange a back up for if you don't feel up to it.

I was the same. Normal breathing was fine by day 2 but deep breaths were hard and painful till around day 5 or 6 for me. Hope you recover well and can do it but I think you may find it a hard to sing so soon after. A backup plan would be a smart move, just in case you cant manage it.

Thanks ladies.... hmmm so tough... My husband thinks I should be fine but I'm nervous! lol I still dont even know what I'm singing! It's only one song I believe but am not sure just yet. I also have to figure out whether I should practise piano for it or sing to a backing track...Im leaning towards the latter lol

Sorry its taken me so long to update you guys! All went fine for singing! Didnt impact my breathing or vocals at all! Only problems i encountered was feeling naseous on the day due to a build up of meds from the previous two days, and being super tired BUT hubby and I left after the ceremony and napped for two hours before heading back for the reception lol