Sign in to follow this  
kazdears

Stress incontinence... Has anyone noticed a change?

I am booked in for my TT in 7 sleeps, I have had 5 pregnancies, the last of which ended at 17 weeks, although I looked 6 months.. Ever since, for the last 12 months, I have had stress incontinence. I have had a number of tests, there seems to be 'no problems', has anyone noticed an improvement in this area post TT? I have done some reading that there may be a link between TT and incontinence improvement.

I am 38, I had my babies at 18, 19, 21, 35 and a late-ish miscarriage at 36, I am 179cm, 71kg and fit but my stomach doesn't match the rest of me, I have separated abdominals, an umbilical hernia and revolting saggy skin.. I have recently said to my very supportive husband, what part of my body am I going to look at when I no longer have to look at my stomach?????

Looking forward to hearing positive replies!! Fingers crossed...

Anecdotal evidence says yes! There is also a study underway by the Aus Society Plastic Surgeons. Ask your ps if you could get involved. It is just a written survey you need to complete pre op then 6 weeks 12 weeks etc post op.

Have you done the urodynamic testing for bladder sleeve suitability?

Thank you, I have filled out the survey, and as a side issue, I did complete the urodynamic testing... That was awful... That's where I found out my incontinence is 'not too bad', I am really hanging my hat on this procedure giving me some relief, it certainly makes sense that it will!

I dont have incontinence problems as such, but i allllllways had to go to the toilet like the feeling was always there since having kids (i had 2 c/s)

Might be a fluke but since my op i havent had it (i was worried about having to get out of bed all night)

Also just a funny side note, my wee squirted out of the toilet first few times i went hehe

Kazdears I did the urodynamic testing too and prof Burton said the same thing BUT he said although Im not a great candidate for the bladder sling I could go ahead and have the vaginal anterior wall strengthened with mesh. This will help. I also worked out by keeping a bladder diary the pelvic floor physio gave me that when I have my period the SI is a LOT worse. So I got the Mirena IUD in so the periods could be reduced/stopped and so far I can tell you this has definitely improved it! As I progress in my TT recovery I will let you know if I notice an imprisonment too.

Hi ladies....

Just on this topic i have had the anterior, posteria repair due to my last of 5 kiddies weighing 9lb 6oz which made everything as in bladder, bowel and uterus prolapse and I also have the monarch sling (mesh) put in at the same time ..... ps i told the prof im a 73 rebuild now lol....

I havnt really had any more incontinence but I did have a period when my bladder was full I couldnt empty it so I had to sef catherter....Not nice ..

I have a bit of lower pain now and have to keep going back to Dr for 3 years to check up and to check the mesh hasnt protruded through because it can happen they say...Also the prolapse can reoccur too... 

Im going for a TT in April next year and i would love to hear how you all recover and if the TT helps you ....

mumO5 

Hi mum05

I am mum of 6 large babies last year had ant and post vag repair withTVT for stress incontinence as well as a uterus prolapse repair

All very successful.

8 weeks age tomorrow I had TT and breast reduction. Post op I couldn't wee and had a catheter for 24 hours when it came out I had no more problems.

Both there surgeries have been wonderful for my self esteem and confidence no regrets

Good luck with your surgery, my only advice is rest, rest, rest and you will be just fine after all it is major surgery.