lindyloo03

How long till our new boobs feel natural?

Mine still don't feel 'natural' to me. I think they look natural enough but I'm not used to my clothes sitting out from my chest or the firmness when people give me a hug hello (people can really press against them! I don't think they did before...). When I touch them they don't feel like natural breast tissue (where I have feeling) and they aren't jiggly at all like my natural or even breast feeding breasts were.

Don't get me wrong, I do love them to bits and wouldn't go without them!

Vivian I whole heartedly agree. I cant yet lay flat on my stomach as they feel odd and too firm. They are not nearly as soft as I expected them to be. Im 4 months post op. Dont get me wrong I wouldn't trade them for anything. They dont feel foreign but I definitely know they are there at times.

For me it's something that just happens over time. Every now and then I still catch myself in the edge of a mirror or bump them and it takes me a second to realise. They had softened a lot and for the most part then feel very natural.

I am 2 weeks from having my BA and when I walked my kids into school this morning, I realised that I didn't even think about the size of my chest. I have gone from a AA cup to a C cup so a big change for me. When I have been out with the kids, or ducked to the shops, I have been quietly stressing if I bumped into anybody I knew and if they would say anything. I know that sounds silly but I am a bit private about things! Anyway, my breasts are still healing but I am beginning to accept they are a part of me now. I think it all takes time. :)

Can people tell you've had a BA from hugging them? This is my worst fear!!!

I don't think so. I think what Viv meant is that when someone hugs you hard, it kind of pushes your boob back into your chest, and because it is an implant not super squishy breast tissue, you can feel it. (It might also be because many girls have super sensitive or numb nipples after BA too). I think the person with the BA would feel it, but the person doing the hugging wouldn't. (Source: I just tried to hug myself and it felt normal in my arms to hug me, but I felt the hug in my boobs - both the implant and my super sensitive nipple...LOL :-))

I think the person with the BA would feel it, but the person doing the hugging wouldn't. (Source: I just tried to hug myself and it felt normal in my arms to hug me, but I felt the hug in my boobs - both the implant and my super sensitive nipple...LOL :-))

Lololololololol - that made my night haha! :)

For me, with my first ba with saline implants it took a long time for them to feel like part of me (ie to be able to comfortably sleep on my tummy, to resume the ability to do pushups etc) I probably wasn't totally comfy with them until a yr or so down the track. However they never looked or felt anywhere near natural.

so far Ive had my new silicone implants for 3 weeks today, at first they felt VERY heavy and walking without a bra felt uncomfortable and unnatural, this subsided in about 2 weeks, they have softened ever so slightly over the past 3 wks however they do not feel anything like natural breast tissue, they don't jiggle about like natural boobs but they do bounce up and down when I've had to jog up or down the stairs.

my PS did say that they'll soften up a lot over the next 3 mths, so let's wait and see.

one thing for certain though is they are definitely softer and more natural looking and feeling than my old saline implants.

I hope this helps hun :)

I'm 2 weeks post op and I'm not going to lie mine still feel strange.  I love them but they don't really feel like they are my own yet.  Can't wait until they do.  Each day seems to be a bit better.  Would help if I hadn't managed to pick up a cold a few days ago.  I can definitely feel them each time I cough :( 

I don't think so. I think what Viv meant is that when someone hugs you hard, it kind of pushes your boob back into your chest, and because it is an implant not super squishy breast tissue, you can feel it. (It might also be because many girls have super sensitive or numb nipples after BA too). I think the person with the BA would feel it, but the person doing the hugging wouldn't. (Source: I just tried to hug myself and it felt normal in my arms to hug me, but I felt the hug in my boobs - both the implant and my super sensitive nipple...LOL :-))

What a crack up! And a reliable source you used! And yep that's what I meant :) I'm sure other people don't feel it but I sure do!

Phew! Glad I got that right - would have been a bit embarrasing otherwise..thanks Viv :-)

To answer Lindyloo's original Q, I must admit my boobs don't feel any heavier at all. They do feel 'there' but it's a nice feeling to look down and see them whenever you remember you have them.

Mine are only just starting to become more natural in feeling over the past 2 weeks, but still a long way to go.

To me its more comfy in a crop than without, as it feels like they're 'tucked in', whereas pre boobs, I would fling my bra off as soon as I got home as it was so uncomfortable.

I hugged a lady at gym last night and she said" ***** your boobs are hard!" And I thought they were nice and squishy now!.. I replied with " top grade silicon. ".... Should of seen her face ;)

LOL OMG!!!! Would have loved to see her face :0

Wow, will just have to wait for hubby to come home from his business trip - I had no one to test on the other day, hence the self hug :)  

Got me really wondering now, but at least we're spreading the love while we get to the bottom of it.

Dee, that's hilarious!  :lol: