Mich007

The cosmetic institute - Dr kwok, todays surgery experience

Well ladies I'm home! Stuck with the 420cc XHP, as dr kwok said i sould get a lovely round look from them, but at the last minute switched from under the muscle to a dial plane placement to give me a bit of a mini lift :)

Arrived at tci bondi arounf 12, there was a bit of a wait for my room to be ready, then got changed into the lovely surgical gown, booties and hairnet and had my preop photos taken, then wrapped the heated blanket around me and watched dr phil. Lol. There was about a half hr wait before the aenthetist came to see me (still no nerves at this point, just hungry!) she did her thing with the canula, then Dr kwok came indouble checkec I was happy size wise, drew on me... Haha, not something I'm used to! Got me to lift my arms, asked if I'd lost weight since our last appointment and suggested that dual plane would give me a better result and would give the girls a bit of extra lift..... Signed my life away, took out the CC warrantee.

Then a few minutes more wait and the anethetist came back took me to the surgery room, a few jokes were made by the nurses, that they were my surgeons for the day.. Lol, asked if it was too late to change my mind if they wrre doing it! Then they did all the prelim checks "do you know what you are having done etc"

Dr kwok asked if i wanted any type of music in particular, i said no and he ended up putting on george michaels carlesss whisper which cracked everyone up. On went the gas mask and i was out like a light.

Woke up in recovery, they got me dressed , transfered me to a chair, gave me some cookies a lollipop and water, the hubby came in with the meds and they ran through the post op instructions.

I didn't feel any nausea and it reaaly just did feel like someone was pushing down on my chest, no pain as such at that point.

Home in bed now and will be taking my first dose of meds in a few minutes, but still only mild pain and even the pushing feeling is a lot less already. Snuck a peek from the top and OMG I have boobs lol, they look pretty round already from what i can see :).

Hubby is omg they are big! Lol

Hey there how'd you go today? Hope you're feeling ok

Finding recovery much easier than i expected. Was able to go for a slow casual walk today. Keeping well on top of meds and pain releif. Kind of feels like a sharp ache atm. I've had a look at the incision dressings and theres no blood one is more bruised than the other and i have a feeling the centre cleavage area is going to bruise up as well. Quite swollen and one seems to be bigger and a touch lower than the other, which doesn't bother me as such just yet, it's only day 1.

Shower time was not nice as soon as the post op bra was off they felt hard and heavy, and i became quite nausious in the shower, so definatly have help with that for a couple of days.

The one thing that is driving me nuts is that my back is itchy and i need a back scratcher!

Hi if it's with the cosmetic institute sydney that's about right! If she gets the insurance for capsular contraction that's an extra $500, she can email them for an info. Pack! Check there reviews they are GOOD! And search on this forum in regards to "TCI"(the cosmetic institute) they are pretty amazing! Also check out YouTube videos

Also Eddy Dona is amazing (he is affiliated with TCI) he is a plastic surgeon, check out his site, I think he is doing BAs for $8800, but I'm pretty confident your daughter will be in safe hands and have excellents results with either! I have been researching for years and I'm hoping to go to TCI in July August! All their doctors are fantastic

Hi

If it's ok can I ask how much surgery cost in total as my daughter is looking at having it done an she found ad for under $6000 seems to good to be true

Thanks

Hi by the time you pay for the consult and if she gets the capsular contracture guarantee, it will cost about $6500 all up

From memory I just used vitamin e cream pre op, then at 3 weeks after they gave me one for my incisions, then at 6 weeks a different one, really can't remember what they were called though, and vitamin e on the tops of my boobs keeping it away from the incisions Once I got to the 6 week mark and the incisions were healed just vitamin e.

I had a slight complication in that I had burst blood vessels around the incisions on both sides. I had to go back to bondi weekly to see the nurse to make sure they were healing on their own, but TCI kept a really close eye on it. I had to fully baby them for the first 6 weeks which meant no work at all. The burst blood vessels were my body though I knew and gave TCI a heads up that I bruise super easy and this was no different, I think it took a good 6-8 weeks for my bruising to disappear completely