lilisa

8 months po and have fluid in the right breast

Im 8 month post op and since the beginning I have has fluid in the right one. It gets worse when I lift something, train at the gym or even a fast paced walk. Has anyone else had ths problem? My surgeon seems to think it won't get worse but I didn't pay all this money to b uncomfortable. Should I tell him I'm not happy and want them replaced. Also I still wear my post op bra because it helps stop the fluid at night.

Have they suggested getting the fluid drained ?

I had fluid build up in my left breast and had to have an ultrasound . My surgeon decided there wasn't enough to warrant the risk of draing it , after a few weeks it settled down and didn't come back . Have you had an ultrasound ?

I don't know how it rolls with fluid in your breast, but I know with a TT if fluid accumulates for too long, and if there's more of it than your body can absorb, your body can form a scar capsule around it - it's called a persistent seroma. Your PS sees no problem with it?

Chiwee it's the feeling, I know with me if I leant forward I could feel like a 'draining' feeling it was horrible. And when I massaged it felt crunchy almost (couldn't feel it with my hands was like a sensation behind the implant). Lilisa I'd definately message your surgeon! Don't quote me here, but from memory this can increase the risk of CC. And really at 8 months you shouldn't be feeling this surely! X

Yes and yes yes definite huge risk for CC fluid sitting in the pocket, its so easy to drain in his rooms, a bit of local, a blunt needle and syringe and out it comes!

Please follow this up and get it drained or you will be up for an operation to remove and replace your implants most likely at a cost to you!

I had quite a bit of fluid a few weeks into getting implants but after consultation with my PS and gp they didn't think it was enough to warrant draining. My body absorbed the fluid over the next week or so on it's own and I took anti inflams. I think allyann had similar issues.. If it's over 50 mls they advise draining. Insist on an ultrasound xx

This might sound like a really stupid question, but how can you tell you have fluids, does it ooze out of your scars or do you just get swelling in the breast?

I never heard of this before except in the early stages post op.

Sorry for the really dumb question and being so ignorant in that regard.

I was the same as dee - I had fluid up until probably 12 weeks? Then it thankfully sorted itself out. I massaged at around the 10 weeks mark until that crunch feeling was gone! The massage really helped me. I wouldn't have done it earlier for myself because I know at one point the massage made it worse haha. Get onto your surgeon, your boob is obviously still cranky and there's gotta be a reason for it! X

I spoke to my surgeon today and he is going to book me in for a ultrasound. It's really hard to explain my problem it's like when I do physical activity it feels like a water bra if anyone has had one it's kinda like that feeling but internal. Will let u guys know how I go he is going to phone me again Monday

This might sound like a really stupid question, but how can you tell you have fluids, does it ooze out of your scars or do you just get swelling in the breast?

I never heard of this before except in the early stages post op.

Sorry for the really dumb question and being so ignorant in that regard.

When I saw my surgeon I explained it as just feeling like there was a pocket of fluid in beside the implant, he said that if I leant forward I might feel the implant rock forward and back again and that is a sensation I was feeling, if I moved my arm certain ways I could feel the fluid move. It's like having a sea sick breast, its hard to explain but you know if you have it and additionally it causes swelling.

When I saw my surgeon I explained it as just feeling like there was a pocket of fluid in beside the implant, he said that if I leant forward I might feel the implant rock forward and back again and that is a sensation I was feeling, if I moved my arm certain ways I could feel the fluid move. It's like having a sea sick breast, its hard to explain but you know if you have it and additionally it causes swelling.

Thanks, that makes sense.  

So I had my ultrasound and it showed nothing because the fluid wasn't present durning the test. What should I do next? I paid 14 grand for these boobs so I want them to be comforetable

Same here. I had an ultrasound on Monday and it showed no fluid, which is weird as the sensation is definitely there. It has improved in recent days though. They did find cysts in my breast which they said might be contributing to how that breast feels. Anyway, I've just been told to let things settle. However I am only 6 weeks post op so that is way more relevant than 8 months where I would expect things to be far more settled. I'm not sure what to advise, a further consult with the PS?

They said the same for me when I felt I had fluid but they couldn't find it with a scan. So I just really made sure I was massaging them and resting them as much as possible. Then suddenly they felt much better! Just the body getting cranky I think :)

I have this same dilemma at almost 8 months now, i have an issue with lefty (uncleared mastitis or seroma?) and my PS now wants an ultrasound done but its a 3 weeks wait here in my home town. its a 5 hour drive anywhere from here (and still 2 weeks wait) or an expensive flight to perth to get it done, and i was just there to see him 2 weeks ago and kinda frustrated i wasn't told to do one then (knowing i live so remotely) just to be sure. i guess he figured the antibiotics would clear up whatever was wrong but it hasn't so now I'm faced with what to do... its not getting better so i guess i need to bite the bullet and arrange to get to perth. have you guys got any better now??