Sign in to follow this  
Misty

Do I wait?

Hi, I'm hoping for some advice from the girls who have "been there, done that" already. I had a BL BA 3 weeks ago today. I pretty much had nothing to start with...wore a padded bra and couldn't fill that!..so an A cup at best!..My surgeon gave me 300cc smooth round gel under muscle implants. When I first saw them (immediately after surgery) I was a little underwhelmed!..thinking they weren't as big as I thought they'd be..BUT once home and living with them and of course checking them out at every opportunity, I felt they looked great. I actually felt they were probably the size I was meant to be blessed with!..nothing crazy big, but perfect for me. I was really thrilled with my decision...until they appeared to shrink at the 2 1/2 week mark! Obviously there was a bit if swelling there that has now gone. I'm now feeling really worried & stressed that I've paid all this money, not to mention all the emotions involved...and not loving my new additions like everyone else seems to!!..I'm wanting to know whether I should contact my surgeon & talk about this straight away?..or stick it out & wait till my 3 month post op apt to discuss? (Which will be in Jan) I'm already thinking about having a revision surgery...as I really want to love them!!..not just like them!

I would love some advice from girls who have gone through this.

P.S My surgeon is brilliant and an absolutely delightful man..can not recommend him highly enough. AND I do not plan to or can imagine seeing anyone other than him.

AND the appearance of my breasts is great...it's the size I'm concerned about.

3 weeks is still so early post op there could be lot of changes still to come! My personal experience was they didn't fill out to size until around 6 weeks and then even after that keep changing. That said, if you feel that you'd benefit from talking to your surgeon then by all means call him! He probably already has an idea of what results you should expect so may be able to reassure you or confirm they aren't going to change from now (though I think they probably are still changing!)

Thanks for your advice Vivien. Is it the fact that they're placed under muscle, mean they could "fill out" more??..I' m feeling like there's not too much more that could change. By the way, if that's you in your profile pic...yours look great! Are you happy with your size? I imagine you must have had more available breast tissue than I did, to accommodate a larger implant.

It could be your muscle is holding the implant back, if there is any swelling left that will hold it back too. Once the pecs release they appear bigger.

Implant size is typically based on the dimensions you have to work with. You'll find people with a larger chest/rib cage wil fit a larger CC implant than a narrow chest. I had empty B to start with then under muscle implants because there wasn't enough breast tissue to hide the implant plus we went a bit wider because I wanted a wider look to match my hips. I'll send you a FR so you can see how much they can change. I've got stacks of pictures on there but some are useful comparison pictures showing their progress. And yep I'm happy! :D

I also had BL AND BA with 320 cc. I am also considering revision already and I'm only 3 weeks post op. I feel like the lift wasn't that lifted and also that I'm too small. After having them for abit I want them larger but I am also going to wait. I keep telling myself "they are definetly better than what you had before" and it's truez