Sign in to follow this  
angieee

gym post op 2 weeks? ?

Am 2 weeks post op today feeling like I csn do some light walking and maybe some squats has anyone tried this at 2 weeks seems a bit soon but I actually feel good :) wouldn't do any upper body just lower body ?

Am 2 weeks post op today feeling like I csn do some light walking and maybe some squats has anyone tried this at 2 weeks seems a bit soon but I actually feel good :) wouldn't do any upper body just lower body ?

What procedure did you have done?  I had a TT 3 months ago and at the 2 month mark I resumed Pilates and strength training on modified programs, to avoid abdominal strain.  Am doing some leg work at ST but concentrating on upper arm strength.

I was doing air squats and lunges one week post op because I just had to do something! Also going for long walks as well. Two weeks and I was back at Crossfit doing back squats (trainer said not to lift over 50kgs), etc. I'm six weeks now and pretty much doing everything I used to be able to, aside from kipping pull-ups and ring dips. You should definitely be fine with squats, lunges etc two weeks post op, especially if doing body weight, but just do as much as your body feels comfortable with and don't push it. =)