NovBoobs2014

Supplements PRE OP

Hi girls, I can't find a thread (I'm sure there's one somewhere)

Can anyone tell me what supplements are not okay to have prior to surgery?

I currently use

Pre workout

Bcaa's

Protein

Cla

Are any of these completely unacceptable? Or do they not affect surgery at all?

Thanks girls, hope this isn't a stupid question haha

X

I currently take -

BCAA

Creatine

Whey protein.

Multi vitamin

I will be stopping the multi vitamins, BCAA & creatine 2 weeks out. I will be continuing with taking Whey protein when needed, it is no different to eating protein... I just use powder occasionly as I sometimes struggle to reach my 130gm daily protein requirement per day.

It's conjugated linoleic acid, a mix of fatty acids supposedly increase muscle tone, burn calories and lose fat. So yeah it's a fat burner, from bodybuilding.com :-)

Can't believe it's 23 days or whatever it is until we fly out! It's fricken crazy!!!!! So scared/excited. Nerves are already kicking in I think haha

Xx

It's actually the bodybuilding.com brand :-)

I know! I seen a thread an a few girls were talking about how organised they were, and I was like omg I don't have one thing organised haha :-(

I'm thinking of buying a carefix bra off eBay? Did you get one? There actual surgery bras they look really good and not that ugly haha

Xx

Oh cool, thank you!

Yeah same haha! No i don't think i will because i bought the cotton on zip up one! I also bought a few of the 'ahh' bras for sleeping and comfert under tshirts and what not.

Then i also bought a shoe strap crop (looks supportive without wire) from cotton on too! So i have plenty of bras i think, plus whatever Dr Poomee will give me after surgery.

I'm struggling teaching myself to sleep on my back :/ it's soo hard! I sleep flat on my front haha, need to get into sleeping on my back now so it's easy by then!

I'm also taking 'tiny tea' for post op because it apparently helps with bloating, ill buy prune juice over there too.

Oh okay that sounds good! Yeah I also have a few cotton on ones, hopefully I get given one too!

Oh really?! I'm a back sleeper, I love sleeping on my back haha sometimes I wake up on my tummy so I hope that doesn't happen!!! You should be right, I think your body will know and will respond too pain while your sleeping so you should be okay! Just uncomfortable haha

Yeah I'll take some over aswell, not looking forward too that part!!! X

Best thing to do is email the list to the PS (I did this today) lots of stuff is ok, some stuff is ok if they know about it and other (sometimes surprising) things need to be avoided. Its not a silly question, but one def worth asking your doc. Goodluck!!

Yeah Jordierose I wouldn't bother trying to train yourself to do it - your body won't let you roll anywhere else until you're ready anyway (instant OUCH! WTF! Haha) sleep as good as you can for as long as you can cus once you have to sleep on your back it blows!