tracey35

Recovery time

Hi, I am looking to have surgery either mid Nov or end of nov. We have a big function on 22nd Nov and I'm scared if I get them done around 12th Nov that I won't feel up to going out. Can you please recovery times etc and also lifting young kids as I have a 5 month old

I was lifting my 14 month old from around 1 week post op as hubby went back to work. I also have a 4 yr old who I drove to preschool twice a week from week 1. But I didnt feel up to doing any thing sociable untill about the 3 week mark.

I'm 9 days post op and haven't lifted anything heavy, my post op instructions say not to lift shopping bags, hang out washing or lift small children etc. For 6 weeks. . But I know many surgeons give different advise for post op, I'd say talk to your surgeon about this :-)

I had no real pain after my BA but I tried driving a few small trips 1 week after and it felt horrible feeling the muscle kind of lifting off. so I waited till 2 werks pist op before I drove again. I only did short trips!

I only started picking my 2 yesr old up after 4 weeks and that was only when it was nessesary. I was also quite nervous people bumping into me so going out was not an option for st least 2 weeks unless it was the local cafe etc.

Hey Tracey!!! I've just booked this week for 28 Nov. I'm traveling OS on Xmas day. I'm going to work on day 6 due to the type of work I do but will still be taking it pretty steady. I think everyone is different with their recoveries also depends on your surgeon and their technique. I've talked to a lot of girls using the same surgeon as I am and all report to have quite a quick recovery. That being said I'm still in a position that of by day 6 I'm not ready I won't be going back to work and will just work from home and will defiantly be making the most of our recliner and lots of movies. I'd have a talk to your surgeon also about lifting your little one and when you'll be able to that without risking the surgeons wonderful boobie work and all that money you've spent.

BellaJay, what surgeon did you book with? I'm looking at Dr William Fung. Was looking at another surgeon but reading reviews on Dr Fung he seems to be very good for the price. Scary thing is that I can't get in to see him until end Oct but will need to pay deposit to reserve the date now if I want them done Mid Nov otherwise I may miss out and have to wait til next year

It's really difficult to predict how your body will response to your ba.  For example with my first ba I was back to work, driving an all normal activities 3 days post op and had no pain what so ever.  

With my second ba I expected the same kind of recovery and so did my PS.  My new implants went in the same pocket and the implants are only 45cc larger than my old ones, yet I had so much more pain than first time around and I was not able to drive (without painful consequences) until 2 weeks post op.  I struggled opening jars and bottles, lifting the kettle, carrying my almost empty handbag etc.  I was constantly exhausted and from time to time suffered bouts of dizzy spells.

Not to say that this will happen to you, but just bear in mind that although we may expect a very quick recovery, sometimes our bodies react unpredictably, so no one can really say tbh.

Resting is very important post op and it is difficult to rest up if you are the kind of person who loves to always be on the go but your body really does need it to heal swiftly and properly.

I hope this helps hun :)

I went back to work this week after 2 weeks off resting with my BA. I clean people's houses for work. For me, I have found it difficult this week going back to work as (1) I got my period on Monday!........(2) my husband put his back out at work on Tuesday so he can't do anything this week for me!..........(3) and my job is physical. I am pretty sore in my chest area after cleaning 4 houses for clients this week. I really wished I had given myself 3 weeks off but I couldn't do it financially. I have gone slow this week with the cleaning instead of the mad pace I normally do. My kids have been great helping me at home though. Luckily I don't go back to work until Wednesday so at least I get to rest up a little over the next 4 days. Anyway.........dems the breaks! At least I am healing well. :)

Pain wise I could have been lifting my daughter and doing many things by 1 week post op but it feels uncomfortable when your pecks move and additionally I was warned that you can rotate them by doing too much lifting so I've been trying not to. easier said than done however so I've gradually been doing more since 1 week up to now 1 month post op. 

Dr Fleming says about half his patients can drive the next day.  I had two friends who used him (and had furry Brazililans) and bc they "stick" in place, they got back to their normal life very quickly.

I am flying back to Hong Kong on day 3 and going back to work on day 4 (but I have a non-physical job).  I know it will be a bit uncomfortable, but I'm optimistic.....