Sign in to follow this  
pink butterfly

Back to physical job this week and sore!

I went back to work this week after having 2 weeks off for my BA. I am kind of wishing I had taken 3 weeks off instead but unfortunately that is not financially viable for me to do that. I clean people's houses and I have 4 cleans to do. I am finding I am getting quite sore. Plus my husband put his back out on Tuesday and he can't lift anything at the moment. So, I am finding this is a bit of a tough week for me. I am trying very hard to be careful. My surgeon knew I was taking 2 weeks off to heal but he encouraged me to maybe take 3 weeks instead. Anyway, it is just how life goes. Just a bit sore. Did anyone else with a physical job find it hard after their BA?

Go at a nice steady pace and try not to over do it (easier said than done I know) and you should be fine. If something doesn't feel right, don't do it!

I went back to work in childcare a week after my revision. I got out of nappies for an extra week but there is still cleaning and lifting children happening throughout the day!

Be really careful! And just slow down if it takes longer than usual don't worry!! Look after yourself!!! X hope you manage okay but if you can't do it don't!! I can relate to the money side.. But Health first!! That is a tough job cleaning. Hope you don't have to make any beds!!

Take Care.

I work at a gym and part of my job involves cleaning, I have just taken things nice and slow and not applied to much pressure when scrubbing things. I have been a little sore from this too, I went back at 2 and a half weeks post op. Good luck

Thanks ladies for your positive comments. I had to do a 4 hour clean at a house today, but I took it easy. I don't have to clean a client's house again until next Wednesday so at least I get a 4 day reprieve now. Like you said Bec Bec, I don't want to do permanent damage to myself. Looking forward to sitting down tonight and relaxing! Have a great weekend everyone!