Sign in to follow this  
Amy E

Post op appointments when you have traveled interstate :/

Hi I just suddenly ( after reading through some posts) had an absolute freak out :0 I'm travelling interstate for my op and I leave a few days after once iv had my post op ..... I noticed ppl saying they had all these post ops in the first few months to check up on how things were going :/ who do I see ??? How will I know if they are going ok??? What do I do if I'm worried???? What if I have drains and they have to stay in for longer

I feel like I'll be so far away and by choosing the surgeon I so desperately wanted iv robbed myself of good post op care :(

Don't stress, lot's of girls go interstate and manage just fine. If you have a real emergency you can go to a hospital close by to where you live - most have plastic surgeons (but chances are you will not) . For other worries you could call or send pics via text/email. But, for extra reassurance maybe call and chat with your surgeons office about your concerns - have a plan in place - I'm sure it will be ok. Xox

I'm interstate too and leaving 48 hours after my op as well :). I don't know who your doctor is but I know with mine I have to send him post op pictures and to keep my capsular contraction guarantee I also have to skype appointment him too :).

For care back home, I have already spoken with my regular GP to let her know I will be in to change dressings and whatnot. I would say that would be pretty much the same for anyone else... Your surgeon should be available via phone call should you have any worries (or their office nurses) so I wouldn't worry! They probably have heaps of interstate patients and protocols in place for you - I would call their office and ask to calm your mind :)

Thanks guys

I guess I'll be ok I just suddenly felt ill about it all

Like what am I doing ?

Reading some stories on how ppl felt and all their concerns made me feel like omg what if I feel like crap? I'm not flying out till 4 days after my op so I'm hoping that by then I feel better as its 8 1/2 hrs all up 2 hrs are lay over time though.

I'm being emailed all my info so I can go over it all and my op is 3 months away I guess I just want to be prepared and have my Ducks in a row as to speak.

Hopefully when my doc sends my all my info Itll clear some things up :)

Thanks for the reassurance guys

How did you all go with recovery? Iv got three kids 10, 4, 20 months and my partner goes back to work two days after I get home so I'll be about 6 days post op

How soon did you drive and how did you all manage to go about normal Dailey activities ?

I have a 5 year old, and my mum went home 10 days post op. I found it hard dealing with her on my own after mum left - but my little one can be quite full on (only child), but everyone is different. I drove today for the first time - 11 days post op. I'm still not cleaning much on my own- as per post op instructions. But again, everyone is different. Xo

I had my surgery in my state but live ages away (1700km) from Perth. I had my one week post op appointment and that was all. It is a good idea to mention it to your gp before hand so they can help with any checks/dressing changes that may be required.

As for the kiddies, get your 10 year old to help as much as they are willing to. 6 days post op is quite soon to be having to deal with normal house hold stuff like nappy changing etc I had a pretty cruisy recovery but my hubby did everything for a week ( I too have 3 kids) which was awesome of him