Sign in to follow this  
diishere

diishere ba experience

Hi ladies,

I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op atm, and  thought I'd share my ba experience with those of you who may be interested :)

My ba was scheduled mid August after approximately 8 weeks after one of  my 14 year old saline implants had developed a slow leak and was about 50% deflated.  Since it began deflating I had one bout of illness after the other and recurrent sinus infections, so when I turned up for my ba they discovered that I had developed a fever as my infection had gotten worse and my ba was cancelled :( 

I was miserable as I had to arrange my ba to be done a week prior to hubby's departure overseas, care for the kids was all arranged etc, so I had to reschedule everything all over again for 1 month down the track after hubby returns.

In the meantime I managed to clear the infection up for good and shook off all the illnesses I was battling

As the day approached I became more anxious about the size and profile I selected (PS selected 290cc hp I wanted MUCH bigger but not allowed due to my measurements so I requested to go up the next profile 285cc xhp) about getting sick again and my ba getting cancelled again (which ran my immunity down to the gutter and my anxiety to hit the roof) and the usual what ifs about things that could go wrong during and after my ba.  I finally accepted the 'whatever approach' and adopted a good old distract myself technique which made the days fly by, then finally the BIG DAY arrived.  

I was instructed 'nil by mouth' from 8pm the night before, had a rough night trying to sleep and my darling hubby decided to try and make me chicken out of the ba that night and scare me out of it by telling me I'm going to die and who's going to look after the kids etc, so that really made me feel so confident  :confused:  :huh:  :rolleyes:

The following morning off I went all alone on my hour long train ride to the other side with feelings of fear, anxiety and excitement.  I arrived at the hospital at 7 am, waited about an hour or so to be called  in to change into the hospital gown,then they  checked my blood pressure, temperature and heart rate,etc.

I was then taken to a pre warmed bed and asked to wait there for my PS and anesthetist to come and have a quick word with me prior to my ba.  My good old bladder decided to get all nervous so I had repeated visits to the toilet to pee, then my anesthetist came with a couple of questions and off she went a short while later my PS came, prepped me for surgery and explained what she will be doing (she had explained it all to me in my prior consultation too) and asked if I had any questions.  She was very kind understanding, considerate and compassionate in regards to my anxiety and fears and put all my worries at rest.

Not long after at about 8.20am two nurses came in to wheel my bed into the operating theater, where I was then transferred onto the operating bed it was so freezing cold in the theater I was actually shivering.  The operating room was really nice with a HUGE window facing the city, lovely views, so it didn't feel too clinical. I was then asked to remove the top part of the gown and then the anesthetist began inserting a cannula into my arm which I barely felt.  Within seconds I began feeling very relaxed and drowsy, I asked the anesthetist  "should already be working by now ?" as I was surprised how qucikly the stuff works she said replied "yes".  They began taping those little heart rate tabs onto my upper back and chest and that's all I remember as I was well into lala land.

At 10am, what felt like minutes later (but was actually 1hr 20 minutes later) I was awoken by lady's voice calling my name, I woke up right away thinking to myself 'wtf??? who's this lady in my bedroom  and why is she calling my name????' Then I realized I was just waking up from my ba in the recovery room, so first thing I did it pull my bra out from the top to take a peek at my new boobs  :wub:   They looked huge.  I wasn't in pain like with my first ba, but my incisions felt a bit sore.   My PS provided my post op bra and told me at my first consult with her that it will be too big for me, it's the smallest they come in but I am just sooooo tiny, so I may want to bring my own...I actually forgot to tell my PS that I brought my own bra with me so she can put it on me after my ba and woke up with the bra she'd provided on me....I was too lazy and too scared to try and change out of it later lol.

My blood pressure was taken a few times and I was told that my blood pressure was quite low before, but now it's coming up so they'll be moving me to another room.

Off they wheeled me to the other room, I was offered pain meds, which I turned down, and offered food which I happily accepted as I was starving from being without food or water since about 5pm the previous evening.  An hour or so later the pain in my incision site was increasing so when the nurse came around again to take my blood pressure and check on me she offered me pain meds again which I happily accepted.  

I felt very drowsy, sleepy and dizzy and expected to sleep the whole time until they discharge me but for some reason I was unable to sleep.  Luckily I had a book and my phone with me so I carried on reading and surfing the web during my boring wait.  

At about 12.30 pm my PS came and visited me, she asked me how I felt about them and told me what to do and what not to do post op and reminded me about my post op appointment.  It was a great relief to see her I must admit, just having her reassure me that all went well and that there were no problems and nothing to worry about at all and the incision pain I was experiencing is normal as she placed a hundred deep muscle stitches, so it will just take time for that to heal.

By 1 pm I was told that I may leave, so I called hubby and by 2 pm I was outta there, got my meds from the chemist downstairs at the hospital and on my long drive back home.

The drive home was quite painful on speed bumps and bumpy roads, I felt lightheaded getting out of the car and walking to the house but it wasn't so bad to the point that I couldn't stand/needed someone to help me walk.

Overall I'd say I had a VERY pleasant experience.  My ba took ONLY 40 mins, I was amazed to discover how fast it was.  My PS, Dr Jane Paterson is a lovely lady, she's understanding, compassionate, friendly, very professional and puts you at ease.  She is very skilled and an expert at her job.  Most importantly I found her to be EXTREMELY honest, she doesn't tell you what you want to hear, she gives you the facts all up close and personal, and to me that is very important.  If I had to do it all again I would definitely go back to her.

I hope my story helps some of you lovely ladies:) and that you enjoyed reading it.

Cheers

Haha lolos I felt the same, congrats diishere it nice to hear u enjoyed ur experience. I have sent u a fr, we have similar stats ☺️ I was able to go up to 300cc but could fit no bigger

fr accepted.

It sucks not being able to fit the size implant you want hey?  

I wanted to go way bigger this time and hoped for something between 400 to 450cc but NO WAY  would it fit and I'd have major rippling.

I already had rippling with my old saline implants and I hated it.  I think my PS was spot on with her size selection for me because so far I have very slight rippling on my right breast near my armpit when I bend over, but it's barely noticeable.  So very lucky she was terrific with sizing.

How are you finding your size?

I enjoyed reading your story, diishere. What a pain it would have been to re-schedule due to your sickness. With 6 kids to organise you must have been super stressed. I am glad it all worked out in the end and hope that your recovery has been a quick one.

I enjoyed reading your story, diishere. What a pain it would have been to re-schedule due to your sickness. With 6 kids to organise you must have been super stressed. I am glad it all worked out in the end and hope that your recovery has been a quick one.

It was a pain.  I would not wish it upon anyone.  

Thanks hun yes, recovery has been great

Great news Diishere! Congrats that it's all done :) - bit upset at your husbands comments the night before! I was scared a little bout not being there for my kids it was a horrible fleeting and yes stupid thought lol , but all the same, a time you need reassurance and support xx

Great news Diishere! Congrats that it's all done :) - bit upset at your husbands comments the night before! I was scared a little bout not being there for my kids it was a horrible fleeting and yes stupid thought lol , but all the same, a time you need reassurance and support xx

thanks hun :)