Jules76

Surgical Bra too tight!?

I'm feeling so uncomfortable in this Bra like point of aching I know it's got to be supportive but should it be so bloody restricted my back and shoulders , everything is in pain! All my skin has the elastic marks and imprints too all over me.. Is this normal? Thanks x I've got it on the widest setting

Mine too jules, is yours done up on the tightest clips, i found I had to move it to the other set, the close ones were just too tight! I have afeeling the backache i'm getting is only partially from the sleeping upright, but also from the bra, i know its supportive but damn its tight.

Are you one week post op yet? I thought at one week they clear you to wear supportive sports bras? My fisrt post op appoint is actually at 9 days and I'm hanging to swap over to a supportive sports bra! Though tomorrow at 1 week I'm putting on a sports bra and giving my post op one a wash... Cant deal with it much longer!

I had the same problem with mine too.  I wore mine on the loosest hook and loosened the shoulder straps nearly all the way down (I don't think it was very supportive after doing that, but I couldn't bare the pain anymore)  

I found that the band kept digging into my crease and making the post op pain even worse, the only relief I had was when I was lying down (but then my back would be sore from the band instead) or when I wasn't wearing it.

I also had the elastic marks and imprints on my boobs everywhere from the bra.

When I say my PS at my 1 week post op I asked her if it looked too tight to her and she said that it didn't look tight but by then I think some of the swelling had settled.

How far post op are you?  If it's still only early days it probably just swelling and maybe the bra will be perfect once the swelling has gone, so maybe call your PS and ask them if you should just keep wearing it even with all the issues it giving you or if you should perhaps get a new bra/crop top instead.

Hope this helps :)

Yes exactly same as you Mich - I have my appointment tomorrow. But I got told its 6 weeks of wearing it!? That's why I bought a 2nd one. Hopefully I'm wrong and it is just the week or two.

It's really causing pain! X

Lol, i only just re-read your first post and noticed you said it was on the widest... Omg boob brain!

Oh crap at the 6 weeks! Could have sworn in the post op guidelines it says after 1 week you can change to a supportive sports bra :( 6 weeks of this one and upright sleeping is going to make me mental!

Yeah Mish I think it's 6 weeks wearing this then 6 months wearing crops!? Haha good luck.

Diishere I am on day 6 today :) app tomorrow :) looking forward to asking about it. I have put a crop on ATM I feel so much better but will put other one back on to be safe. Just having a 1hour break. Thanks for your reply !

How did you go with your post op appoint? Is everything progessing and healing well? Is it really 6 weeks of the post op one?

I washed mine today and put my cotton on zip up one on and omg it felt good not to be so restricted!

Hey Mich007, odd question. What size is your post op bra?

Oh and I read in the instructions it's 6 weeks of the bra too. 6 weeks, 24 hours a day - sounds like torture and I don't even have it on yet!

Hope your post op appointment went well Jules76!

Hey Mich007, odd question. What size is your post op bra?

Oh and I read in the instructions it's 6 weeks of the bra too. 6 weeks, 24 hours a day - sounds like torture and I don't even have it on yet!

Hope your post op appointment went well Jules76!

Mines a medium. Damn i must have read the post op instructions wrong!

Lol , no mine says

Week 1-6 post op bra can be changed to soft cup sports bra with no underwire- something sitting further down on the ribcage not rubbing on incisions

6 weeks onwards - change bra - normal bra, underwire may be uncomfortable untill breasts soften and settle.

Elsewhere it says - you will be fitted with a compression garment which needs to be worn day and night for the first week after surgery, it may be taken off 24 hrs after to shower. After the first week you will be able to change into a supportive non underwire bra for the following 5 weeks.

Have i interpreted that wrong? I read it as from 1-6 weeks a soft cup crop bra is fine. Maybe they changed the instructions since i got my post op info at my consult? Dying to get out of this bra and my fiirst post op appoint is on thursd so will stay in it and clarify then.

Oh good. I just bought 2 medium post op bras to alternate with and then thought hmmm, will that be right haha.

Oh man, mine doesn't say anything like that! Mine says "You will be fitted with a compression garment which needs to be worn day and night for the first six weeks after surgery. You may take it off 24 hours after your surgery to shower as normal. It may be helpful to purchase a second carefix bra."

Then "6 weeks onwards - Change bra - normal bra from 6-8 weeks. It is very important that your incisions are fully healed prior to wearing a bra with underwire.

So they are different! I would follow yours! How lucky are you, I want your instructions haha

Oh good. I just bought 2 medium post op bras to alternate with and then thought hmmm, will that be right haha.

Oh man, mine doesn't say anything like that! Mine says "You will be fitted with a compression garment which needs to be worn day and night for the first six weeks after surgery. You may take it off 24 hours after your surgery to shower as normal. It may be helpful to purchase a second carefix bra."

Then "6 weeks onwards - Change bra - normal bra from 6-8 weeks. It is very important that your incisions are fully healed prior to wearing a bra with underwire.

So they are different! I would follow yours! How lucky are you, I want your instructions haha

Lol. I'll stick with it till my post op which will actually be day 9 then hoping to god i can get out of it!

I have 2 copies of my post op imstructions LOL i can mail you one and you can follow that :)

Danni my very good advice to you would be get the L size you can exchange them! I saw the post op nurse today and she said that it was too tight.. There is only a very small diff in sizes. Trust me you'll be glad you did!!! I did get the M too. I bought two she said I should of been given bigger size but I had worn them both so I couldn't exchange. She also said once swelling has gone down they may fit me better.

:)

OK Jules76 - I am going to take that very good advice and swap them both for L then. Because I wasn't sure, I haven't even taken them out of the packet. Thanks so much, you've very likely saved me from 6 weeks of ouchies!

I just re-checked their sizing and if my band width is 74cm, it says that medium size covers 75-80cm up to a DD. Large goes from band size 80cm DD (Medium will still cover 80cm BW and D cups). Do you think medium will still suit that or go L anyway?

Haha well that's the problem - I won't know until the day before :).

I'm hoping for an absolute max of DD (no accidental E for me I hope haha).

Fingers crossed medium is OK, although I can always exchange after I've had them done - will just have to wait a little while before I can change bras hahaha

Ok, so heres my stats, which seriously wont make it any clearer for anyone. I have the medium on and the band is fine, but my issue is more up the top and around the centre of the boob today it actually feels like they are being pushed into the middle! The minute i open up the top half of the clips it feels like so much pressure has been taken off.

So i am 73 round the band, so actually just on or slightly smaller than the medium should be, but i had 420cc XHP rounds, so my guess is that even though the band fits okay, its too small for the size and profile of mine.

Maybe its worth waiting to change them, if you fit the band of a medium and arent going big or xhp then you could be okay.