Sign in to follow this  
danielle87

Day 4 Pain

Hi ladies, im day 4 and the pain is still horrible, when is this supposed to get better?

My right side under hurts as soon as I stand up from the pressure.

Still on Endone & using ice packs. Can't wait to take the pressure band off!

Advice welcome x

Hi danielle87.

I went through the exact same pain with my ba.  

My right side under hurts as soon as I stand up from the pressure too, it was like that soon after surgery, but at about day 3 or 4 it got worse.  I think it's due to the 'numbness' you experience in the nerves initially, and as the feeling returns you get hit with the intense pain all at once that you weren't feeling before while you were numb down there.

I was using the Endone on and off for it for about 5 days, and when I went for my 1 week post op check my PS told me to stop taking the endone completely and just keep taking Panadole or Panedine instead 4 to 6 hrly regardless whether or not I have any pain instead.  I followed her instructions and found that it did take the edge off the pain, but it was still there.

The pain only just went away at about 2 weeks and 2 days post op all of a sudden out of no where.

I think it will get better soon just give it time, however if it is really bothering you and you think something isn't quite right, then speak to your PS about it, but to me it sounds normal and should get better with every passing day.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon hun :)

Hi danielle87.

I went through the exact same pain with my ba.  

My right side under hurts as soon as I stand up from the pressure too, it was like that soon after surgery, but at about day 3 or 4 it got worse.  I think it's due to the 'numbness' you experience in the nerves initially, and as the feeling returns you get hit with the intense pain all at once that you weren't feeling before while you were numb down there.

I was using the Endone on and off for it for about 5 days, and when I went for my 1 week post op check my PS told me to stop taking the endone completely and just keep taking Panadole or Panedine instead 4 to 6 hrly regardless whether or not I have any pain instead.  I followed her instructions and found that it did take the edge off the pain, but it was still there.

The pain only just went away at about 2 weeks and 2 days post op all of a sudden out of no where.

I think it will get better soon just give it time, however if it is really bothering you and you think something isn't quite right, then speak to your PS about it, but to me it sounds normal and should get better with every passing day.

Good luck, hope you feel better soon hun :)

Thank you. The mornings are horrible takes me a while to get up I was hoping to be back at work tomorrow not sure that will happen.

Thank you. The mornings are horrible takes me a while to get up I was hoping to be back at work tomorrow not sure that will happen.

Yes it's definitely not pleasant at all getting out of bed with that kind of pain, I dreaded it.  I'm so glad it's gone now, but I really feel for you it's horrible.

Have you found that it's not so bad once your out and about (I mean it's still sore, but not as bad as when you initially wake up or get up from a horizontal position)?

If it was me I'd take a full week of rest before getting back to work, the pain may probably still be there in a week but you're body really needs time to recover.

Take it easy hun and kick back, it's not very often we can have an excuse to just sit back and chill for a few days.  Get some dvds or catch up on your reading until the week is up, you'll feel more confident about getting out and about once you know you've given your body a reasonable amount of recovery time.

good luck hun,

hope you feel better soon 

I agree with diishere, the regular paracetamol regardless of pain levels has been helpful. If the pain is worse, I substitute the paracetamol for panedine forte.

I dont have a strap on and perhaps thats why i dont have pain like you do. I have been braless except for if i go walking or if i have people over and am trying to smoosh them down. Cant wait to get it off whenever im wearing it though so i gather the strap increases the downward pressure of your implant and thats related to your pain. Hope it settles soon. I doubt going back to work at this point is a good idea. See if you can get a few more days off. 

I agree with diishere, the regular paracetamol regardless of pain levels has been helpful. If the pain is worse, I substitute the paracetamol for panedine forte.

I dont have a strap on and perhaps thats why i dont have pain like you do. I have been braless except for if i go walking or if i have people over and am trying to smoosh them down. Cant wait to get it off whenever im wearing it though so i gather the strap increases the downward pressure of your implant and thats related to your pain. Hope it settles soon. I doubt going back to work at this point is a good idea. See if you can get a few more days off.

Thanks for your feedback, the strap is so annoying I'm stuck with it until my check up on Friday then will be fitted into a bra. How many days are you now?

I'm able to work from home which makes it easier.

I had my creases lowered on both and up till day 7 I had a sharp stinging feeling where the incisions are from the pressure of the implants. I kept up with the painkillers taking them every 4-6 hours till my 1 week post op checkup and it helped take the edge off the discomfort. It does ease up a bit in the second week so rest as much as you can to let yourself heal.

I'm 2 weeks post op and have had a similar experience. I felt better once I stopped the heavy meds and switched to paracetamol. My surgeon suggested heat packs instead of ice and I really got a lot of relief with that, which I still do at nights after a long day. I found my "constant" pain settled around day 5, but by day 8 I started getting some sharp shooting pains. These have now eased and day by day it is getting better. The morning boob does ease up, I wasn't convinced at first but have started to notice improvement now :)  I know what you mean about the strap, I was thinking of having a ceremonial burning of that thing!!