Sign in to follow this  
WhingingPom

Creatine?

Does anyone use this?

I have basically got to the point with my squats and deadlifts that I am struggling to progress in that it is getting too hard to keep adding weight each week.  I have heard this supplement can help with this, but I am a little dubious, as I know many supplements are just a scam!

I was wondering if people found that it made a difference, and also whether they suffered really badly with water retention and bloating from using this?

I have used it before my comp this year but don't think that it worked that well. You have to drink more water and it did cause fluid retention. As for gaining strength from using it, I didn't find that it worked that we'll either. That a not to say that it won't work for you. Have you tired upping your protein intake and are you taking BCAA'S during your workout?

Hi thanks for your reply Nikstar.  I am already eating a high protein diet, with lowish carbs (most carbs from veg, some wholegrain).  I have heard about BCAA's but from some of the reading I have done it seemed as if there wasn't much science behind them, and are just one of those that are all hype with little results.  Have you had good results with them?  What do you do when you start plateauing? 

Does anyone use this?

I have basically got to the point with my squats and deadlifts that I am struggling to progress in that it is getting too hard to keep adding weight each week.  I have heard this supplement can help with this, but I am a little dubious, as I know many supplements are just a scam!

I was wondering if people found that it made a difference, and also whether they suffered really badly with water retention and bloating from using this?

Hi ,

Have you thought of taking a pre workout?

Also how are you training? Lower reps high weights will help with strength

Creatine will help with strength and is in some per workouts

Good luck just keep it up

Hi Roxy, I haven't but again, I'm not sure which ones are the real deal, and which ones are a waste of money.

I am doing all my main lifts on a 5 x 5 sets/reps, but accessory lifts on a 8-10 rep range and 3-4 sets.  Any other tips would be great, and thanks!

Hi Roxy, I haven't but again, I'm not sure which ones are the real deal, and which ones are a waste of money.

I am doing all my main lifts on a 5 x 5 sets/reps, but accessory lifts on a 8-10 rep range and 3-4 sets.  Any other tips would be great, and thanks!

Hey maybe change it up and sometime do light weight high rep and others low reps heavy reps

Also wide grip pull ups and clean and jerks will help with strength

Good luck